Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Bleeding at 12 weeks

AshAnee is offline Registered User

Bleeding at 12 weeks

Yesterday I went for my 12 week scan, and everything was fine. The baby was moving and the heart beat was checked and was ok. Today though, I had a sensation like I started to wee my knickers. Then I looked down and there was spots of blood on the floor. I rushed to the toilet and it was like I was having a period. There was no fetal tissue at all, and no cramp pains. I then had more bleeding about 10 mins later, so I again rushed to the toilet. Again no fetal tissue just red blood.
    I then had to get a shower and have a complete clothes change.
    Please note I havnt had any bleeding before this apart from a tiny tiny amount a few days after conception ( Probably Implantation bleeding).

I panicked and rang my doctor and was told 'Oh, come back on Monday' But this is 3 days away! So i said I was worried so they said 'Come tomorrow instead' this is still a day away.

This is my first pregnancy and im worried as most people would be.

Cant help thinking how cruel it would be, letting me and my partner see our baby for the first time yesterday, then loosing it today.

charade is offline Registered User
    Just wanted to say fingers crossed for you. I had spotting through both my pregnancies and my babies were fine but never anything like a period. But when I googled I did see stories of women who had heavy bleeding and it was all fine.

Also you could go to an emergency room of a hospital if you are really worried and it gets worse at night. Public is free but the waits are long. Private ER might be covered under insurance.

A

carang is offline Registered User
    if i were in your position, i would say, go to the A & E of the closest hospital to you... forget public vs private... just get there!

if you are pregnant and spotting, they will NOT make you wait. you will be put to the front of the queue.

*when i was newly pregnant with #2, my blood pressure was raging completely out of control. i went to QMH A & E, they had me through triage, talking to drs, then OBGYN's in a matter of 30 minutes. they got me on meds, booked me to have an assessment for high risk and i was seen by high risk from then on. all this while the wait time on the board was over 3.5 hours! but i was out of the hospital within an hour.

they do NOT treat pregancy issues lightly.

AshAnee is offline Registered User
    Hey thanks for the reply. I am living in HK with my partner who holds HKID. I am only holding a passport visa. Am I allowed to visit public hospitals? I live just down the road from Queen Elizabeth hospital. I dont want to leave it until tomorrow and it is too late. But then When I spoke to my Dr on the phone and asked if I should go to A&E he advised no??

carang is offline Registered User
    you can, yes.... but you will pay more than someone with a HKID card...but honestly, what kind of dr tells a pregnant woman who is bleeding heavily NOT to go to the hospital? your dr is nuts!

alfa is offline Registered User
    I think you should go and see someone just to be on the safe side-most private hospitals have an ob on call I know Matilda for sure.I had bleeding at 12 weeks and it turned out to be from my cervix that got irritated and I developed a small wound in it and I was very very scared but they applied some solution to it and it stopped-the baby was fine it was just the cervix.Worth to check our and put your mid to rest-I know how worried you must be.Fingers crossed
    Posted via Mobile Device

alfa is offline Registered User
    Ps I agree With Carang-once you have it all checked I'd consider changing a doctor.
    Posted via Mobile Device