Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Recommending my helper

carang is offline Registered User

Looking for a new helper for a family in Sai Kung Country Park. Our current helper (1 year) takes no interest in my children whatsoever. They are not terrible children, but they need discipline (which hubby and I also provide). I need someone who isn't afraid to tell the kids "no" and who actually enjoys being with kids! My kids are active 5.5 & 7.5 year olds who love to sing, dance, bake, cook and help out. They just need someone who can guide them, play with them and include them in the daily routine.

We have a large 2100' house, but the ground floor is kept clean mostly by our other (male) helper, who also cares for our dogs and the garden.

The helper we are looking for can:
    -plan & prepare simple, healthy meals (Thai, Japanese, Chinese, Italian, Mexican, Greek, Lebanese, Filipino, Chinese).... we are not fussed for the type of cooking and appreciate an eclectic mix, just not everything fried!
    -can do the appropriate marketing for such meals
    -keep up with the laundry (not a lot of ironing, but some)
    -can keep the house fairly clean & tidy
    -can involve the children and get them "helping"... they love to cook, bake, do "chores" if it is presented in an interesting way
    -will sit and watch a movie, play a game, talk to the kids, take them to the pool on a hot day, take them out to "wash" the car (i don't care if the car is clean afterwards, just that the kids are helping/having fun)
    -will discipline the kids as and when needed

We would prefer a helper who takes a day off other than Sunday. Hubby works from home, so is around for support. I run 2 businesses. Sometimes, I am around a lot, sometimes not at all. We need someone who doesn't want/need micromanaging, but can just "get on with it".

We provide: 110' private bedroom, tv (dvds only, no access to cable or terrestrial tv), above minimum salary and a more than minimum food allowance.

If you know someone who may fit the above requirements, please ask them to contact me 6906 2722 or preferably by email [email protected] Thanks!

carang is offline Registered User

sorry, that should read... looking for a helper for my family....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12