Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Another postpartum weight loss thread

Gracey is offline Registered User
    I hear you! I gained way more than I thought I would in pregnancy -- 40 lbs, and I am not a large build.
    My LO is 10 months and I've lost 30 lbs, with 10 lbs to go. So depressing.
    BFing didn't seem to do it for me - Yes, it burns calories. But whether that translates into weight loss depends on each woman and how she reacts to hormones, water retention, bigger appetite, etc. (I think the BF weight loss thing is just a myth to encourage people to do it!)
    I BF exclusively for 5 months and partly up to 9 months. When I weaned completely, I suddenly had to pee all the time! It was amazing how much water weight I carried through BFing. When I weaned, my ankles went back to their normal size.

As for those last 10 lbs -- well, I've been bad. I signed up for Weight Watchers online, but have been naughty about tracking food and eating well these past two weeks. I've also slacked off on exercise.
    I'm just so tired -- working FT with no live-in helper -- that I just don't have the energy to push myself to do that extra hour of yoga or go for a long walk.

evgreen is offline Registered User
    Thanks for sharing your experiences. My sister in law is one of those mommies that lost all her baby weight in 9 months AND then some. We were pregnant at the same time so it's hard not to compare myself with her. I hope much of this is water weight. I'm same as thanka...I've dropped from a US size 6 to a 4 since working out but have not lost weight (I used to be a size 0-2!)

evgreen is offline Registered User
    oh and don't even get me started on wearing my engagement ring again :( i'll probably need to have it resized!

hanoimom is offline Registered User

Smile

I bf three kids and though i'd lose the bulk of the weight the first month after delivery i kept a chubby padding, especially around my arms and tummy all through breastfeeding. i hated it. then after i weaned the kids and my appetite went way down, the weight just disappeared. clothes hung on me and i got to go for a new look and feel better!!! it's a sacrifice!!! it is. but it's so good for the kids and now that was just a stage when i look back. you won't be chubby forever.
    evgreen and Gracey like this.

Gracey is offline Registered User
    Hanoimom is right. We (hopefully) won't be chubby forever.
    I was complaining to my cousin, who has 3 kids and is gorgeous and thin again. And she said "Are you kidding! It took me till the oldest was 3 years old! Give yourself time."
    That's good advice to keep it in perspective.

Obiwan is offline Registered User
    Post weaning, if you want to lose weight, try doing 3 weeks of no carb and no sugar. Eat a lot of salad, meat etc but cut down on carb and sugar. If you can hang in there for 3 weeks you will lose quite a bit (5 to 10 lbs). Drink lots of water as well. You will find that you are actually not hungry, you eat as much as you want just no carb and sugar. You might potentially have some die off symptoms but once your body get rid of the candida and toxin, you will feel energized and great. Try :$

NAZIA is offline Registered User
    Yes I am also a victim of extra weight gain my baby stop breast feeding after weaning. Now iam extra careful still don't get enough time to do excersise and have to loose atleast 5 kg
    Posted via Mobile Device

Lousmum is offline Registered User
    Hi moms

I waited until 5 months after birthing to start exercising.
    I dropped 6kgs (13.2lbs) in 4 weeks and toned up as well.
    I joined Original Bootcamp Hong Kong. The exercises are tough, but worth it.

PS: I weighed 74kgs (162.8lbs) before losing the 6kgs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast