Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Another postpartum weight loss thread

charade is offline Registered User
    Thank you ladies for reminding me that one can pile on pounds once one stops breastfeeding. So that's why I've been feeling chubby. I lost weight quite dramatically after giving birth which I attribute to breastfeeding and being paranoid about what I was eating while breastfeeding (both babies had colic). But suddenly noticed everything seems snugger and yeah, it has been since a couple of weeks after I stopped breastfeeding. Just went out and both myself a pair of pink running shoes to inspire that trip to the gym.

Biggie is offline Registered User
    Even if the weight is gone, old clothes might still not fit. I lost most weight (second baby already 18mth) but still can't and probably wont ever fit most of my old clothes. I was quite small and after baby My upper body just gotten much more muscular, prob from all the baby carrying and stroller lifting! And I have almost given up on losing the last couple kilos.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Sarahsg is offline Registered User
    Posted via Mobile Device

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggie View Post
    Even if the weight is gone, old clothes might still not fit. I lost most weight (second baby already 18mth) but still can't and probably wont ever fit most of my old clothes. I was quite small and after baby My upper body just gotten much more muscular, prob from all the baby carrying and stroller lifting! And I have almost given up on losing the last couple kilos.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Yes, also wanted to mention one's shape actually changes a lot post-baby. I used to have a very flat stomach but then my muscles really stretched out with two pregnancies so no matter how "thin" I get I still have that 5-months pregnant look to my belly :(

My hips are definitely wider than they were before and my breast size increased a lot. Pre-babies I was doing good to be in a B-cup and now I'm right at the end of a C to a small D cup. So, no hope of wearing small-size t-shirts again--my boobs take up 1/2 of the shirt! My feet are wider and flatter after kids too.

I just gave away almost all of my pre-baby clothes today because I'm facing the music that I'll never fit into them again--especially the jeans and trousers.
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

evgreen is offline Registered User
    For a while I was holding off on buying new clothes in hopes that I'd fit into my old ones again, but with sale season on now, it's a good excuse to go shopping:-)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123