Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

ENT doctor - Dr. Hui Yau

AlexN is offline Registered User

ENT doctor - Dr. Hui Yau

Have recently seen this ENT doctor, Dr. Hui Yau who has diagnosed my 4 year old with glue ear. Has anyone else seen him - would you recommend him? Any information on postive or negative experiences would be appreciated.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

I've seen him and found him very good with my then 14 month old. I'd recommend him. I've read some good reviews about him on here and other sites but have not read anything bad.

My daughter did need to have grommets placed due to fluid in the middle ear, but she had the surgery done at QMH so Dr Hui didn't do the surgery. He used to be at QMH before he went private and is highly respected there (they recommended him to me) - also he worked well with the public hospital too.

Definitely one of the better doctors (of many!) that I've seen here in HK.

charade is offline Registered User

I took my three-month-old to him because she had a constant cold and my pediatrician kept prescribing antibiotics. Even though it was a relatively simple case for him he gave us his full attention and time and examined my daughter thoroughly. In the end, he told us to stop all medicine and just use saline drops because what she had was not a cold but small nasal passages that were easily irritated. So I'm pretty sure he won't over prescribe. I really liked him. I chose him because he was on our insure

Phoebewsm is offline Registered User

Dir Hui did an operation my my daughetr when she was 9 months old as he needed to have grommets placed due to fluid in her middle ears. He is very attentive and caring. I think he is one of the best ENT in HK. So good luck!