Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do I need a doctor's note to fly?

dressuphk is offline Registered User

Question Do I need a doctor's note to fly?

Hi everybody! I am so annoyed by my husband that he asked me to go to the clinic to get a doctor's note -- for taking flights. I am flying to Europe on 5 July (then I will be 17 weeks pregnant), will fly back on 22 of July (then 19 weeks ) pregnant.

My hubby worries so much that the airline will not allow me to fly. Honestly I think it's so unnecessary as I don't look much pregnant yet, ppl might just think I am fat. So times when I wear loose cloth no body can see at all. I don't think I need any doctor letter or anything to fly.

What do you think??
    mummy mummy hooohooo

howardcoombs is offline Registered User
    Tell your hubby to call the airline and check for himself if they allow 17weeks to travel or not. He will get the right answer quickly.

Many airlines will allow you to fly up to 30 days before. Some even closer. I've not heard of any airline stopping ppl at 17 weeks.

TNT
    TNT is offline Banned
    None of the airlines require a note that early - the earliest I have come across is 30 weeks, but you can easily check on the website of the airline in question. I travelled almost weekly for work when I was pregnant up to 28 weeks and never got asked about it except to tell me I couldn't have the seat near the exit on a smaller plane because the passengers there are supposed to help open the door if there was an accident - can imagine i was happy about that! - (and my belly was v large for dates so could have easily been well over 35 weeks)

Gemma is offline Registered User
    I don't think you'd need it that early, but if it would put your husband's mind at ease, just ask the clinic to fax you a note. I certainly wouldn't have thought the airline would need an original copy.

evgreen is offline Registered User
    Really not necessary until your third trimester. I flew at 32 weeks and had a note from the doctor but the airline never even asked for it.

dressuphk is offline Registered User
    Thanks all lovely ppl for the replies! I show my hubby this thread with all these replies. He is finally convinced that we don't need to get a doctor note!
    mummy mummy hooohooo

First timer is offline Registered User

do I need a note to fly?

Hi there, sorry to throw a spanner in the works but check with your airline. Cathay is ok up to a certain point but for example my local country airline requires a doctor's note up to 28 weeks and a doctor's certificate after 28 weeks!! So check all airlines you are using in case you are connecting flights...I know this from very very recent experience!! I think your husband is right to be honest...and bear in mind that airlines often reserve the right to refuse to let you on...better to have the doctor's note rather than forego your flight...

keninhk is offline Registered User
    our bump was only bulging a bit, around 4mths, but the CX check-in counters at both ends requested to see the doctors note as part of the check-in procedure.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks Mobile

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast