Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Mums without helpers

Lousmum is offline Registered User

Wink Mums without helpers

Hi Mums.

I'm a full-time stay-at-home mum. I'm without a helper, just an occassional babysitter, as I take my son along everywhere I go. I'm looking forward to meeting you.

PS: I babysit for free

slin is offline Registered User
    hi lousmum!

i'm a fulltime SAHM without helper too, would love to bring my 3+mo girl to playgroups but was told by some local friends that its not advisable to bring LO to playgroups/nurseries etc till they are over 6mos. Would love to organize playgroups on my own but my small flat is only good to sit and chat, babies n toddlers might find it boring, since there's not much space to wonder around. ;(

Do you know if there is something similar to gymboree here?? How do you keep your baby entertained?

2010-NewDad is offline Registered User
    There is a Gymboree here

http://www.gymboree.com.hk/

My wife is a SAHM too, she goes once a week with our toddler (now a toddler, last week still a crawler, whoohoo!) to Gymboree music and it's a lot of fun for our daughter.

Lots of larger apartment buildings have playrooms, those are good venues for playgroup meetups - even if your apartment doesn't have, some of your friends might? Even if apartments are small, children don't mind - a few toys and some interaction is all they need to be entertained for a while.

Fionaaust is offline Registered User
    Funzone, Kennedy Town, has an area just for under 3yrs. With lots of toys (baby safe) to play with which is great. However perhaps suited to when they can sit up or crawl more interactive for them and you can just sit down on the comfortable carpet! Good place to meet with other mums. As per the above post at such a young age ie. 3 - 6mths they really don't need any room just the stimulation from other babies is enough and a different environment to look at...

elle is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by slin View Post
    hi lousmum!

i'm a fulltime SAHM without helper too, would love to bring my 3+mo girl to playgroups but was told by some local friends that its not advisable to bring LO to playgroups/nurseries etc till they are over 6mos.
    Why on earth would they think that? Check with your doctor or a reliable source about safe outings for young babies if you are unsure - you definitely don't need to stay home!

There are programs like PEKiP (and others) that are especially for young babies. There are various 'reviews' of the PEKiP program, but many, including myself, thought it was great. http://www.pekip.com.hk/

There are also local playrooms run by the Leiure and Cultural Services Department that are very clean/ routinely sterilized and good for young babies as they are brightly colored and the number of people/ children admitted per session is limited.

http://www.lcsd.gov.hk/en/ls_fac_playroom.php/

slin is offline Registered User
    wow...thanks alot for the links. I haven't been doing much research, my lil one been quite cranky lately. :(

atira is offline Registered User
    Hi girls!
    I am moving to Shenzhen within September with my husband and my young daughter, by that time she will be 1 year old.
    Differently from what you may expect, I won't be a SAHM ...I'll work here, while my husband is going to take some months off to stay here with our EJ. By the way I would like to find places where she can meet other children, playgrounds etc....do you know such places here in Shenzhen? And further, what's about fresh milk? Do you know where to buy organic fresh milk for her? thank you for replying me :)