Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Down Screening @ Tsan Yuk - How to get the result?

LatidosFM is offline Registered User

Down Screening @ Tsan Yuk - How to get the result?

Hello ladies,

2 weeks ago, I attended the Down Screening (ultrasound scan + blood test) at 11 week at Tsan Yuk hospital according to the appointment which was done by MCHC as I'm 38 years old.

After the down screening, unfortunately my mobile was stolen... So, I'm not sure if TYH tried to call me about the test result...

Can anyone help to advise me how I can get the test result?

Can everyone receive the result regardless it's negative or positive? If yes, how? (they will call us, send a letter, or in another way?)

Or, will they inform the result only when it's positive?

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

elle is offline Registered User
    Why don't you just contact the hospital and ask what their procedure is? I cannot imagine that they will tell you over the phone given medical privacy issues.

You may want a little more information about Down syndrome screening, which basically estimates the risk that your child has Down syndrome (no technical positive/ negative result, just a probability). A more invasive diagnostic test would be needed to actually confirm a positive result.

Here is a link that describes the types of Down syndrome testing.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/dow...-and-diagnosis

LatidosFM is offline Registered User
    Hi elle, thanks for your reply.
    It's ok. I will have an antenatal routine checkup in MCMH before very long and will ask them if they have some information about the test result.
    If I could contact the hospital directly, I would have already done it... But, as unfortunately it is difficult for me to do so at the moment because of some reasons (sorry but I would rather not explain details here), I've asked an advice from someone who had an experience of the same screening in TYH...

Thanks also for the information of downs screening. I know it's just a probability. As I did the 1st trimester screen, I immagined that they would contact me when it is better to proceed the further test like amniocentesis. (it's usually in this way in my country.) Therefore, I was just a bit worried that they wanted to contact but they couldn't.