Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

A Very Expensive Phonics School

baby09 is offline Registered User

are we discussing the same venue???

hi there,
    i called phonics land after reading your thread and was quoted 3000 for 8 1hr lessons with a class of 3 children, which comes to around hkd375 an hr which is soo much cheaper than stated on this thread. Are we talking about the same place???

in addition the receptionist called Jane (i think) said i could get a hkd1000 coupon discount if i joined a further 8 sessions if i could give the name of a friend who is currently attending their classes - this friend could also then get a hkd1000 discount coupon for the referral!!! Pls email or sms me on 97477009 with your details!

baby09 is offline Registered User
    hey wanyin,
    i am thinking of taking my 2yr 9month daughter to phonicsland and would be grateful for the free one hr trial voucher if you have any left!

AndreaSB is offline Registered User
    Just curious, what's the rush in making children learn to read? Why not just let them be children instead of sticking them in a classroom? Many studies have shown it doesn't matter what age they learn to read, there's a point where they all level out anyway.

weixiaoblue is offline Registered User
    So expensive these classes are.

ChrisRoseHK is offline Banned
    Someone posted a mere 2 - 3 years to learn phonics? That isnt so good. All the spellings of English can fit onto 1 sheet of a5 paper.

Christopher
    Native English Teacher & Educational Author

wanyin is offline Registered User
    Baby09 , Julia ,
    Sorry for the late reply. Hectic summer is the only excuse I can give. I have given my one free hour trial class coupons to my friends a while back but if you mention my son's name ( Luke Poon) , they will give you the free hour regardless. I have asked my son' s teacher ( Belinda) and she said it should be ok. My son is reading a book to me everyday now. Nothing complicated but hey! HE is reading a book TO mE ALL by hiMsELF !! I am very pleased with his progress. Good luck with finding classmates to group a class!
    Posted via Mobile Device

wanyin is offline Registered User
    Babington,
    They use letterland and jolly phonics. I chose letterland for my son but I have seen other students there with jolly phonics books. Yes, I am also very careful when it comes to choosing a teacher for my children. My son's teacher there is both letter-land and jolly - trained. Along with many teaching Certs and awards. But those are the most important I don't think. What matters is that her method and teaching style works for my son and that makes me very happy already! Have u had bad experiences with teachers at another school/ learning Center? Please share!
    Posted via Mobile Device

carang is offline Registered User
    babington owns his own centre. *as do i.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast