- 10-08-2012, 01:54 PM #33Registered User
- Join Date
- Sep 2006
Oh, and there are lots of graphic videos on YouTube if you want to see what happens to an unrestrained child in a 30mph (that's approx 43kph) crash. Just google "child car crash test dummy" or similar.
I think it's absolutely criminal to put a child in a car unrestrained. We know better these days, right? Right???
- 10-08-2012, 04:57 PM #34Registered User
- Join Date
- Oct 2008
- Happy Valley
Most parents blindly go and buy seats hoping that it will keep their kids "safe".
Its advisable that parents do a bit of research on effectiveness of seats and belts. Once you do so, most will quickly come to the realization that belts and seats dont give as much protection as we are led to believe and the only good way to prevent injury and death is to not put a baby in a car at all; as this may not be practical, minimise it as much as possible.
A couple of links to explore :
- By UglyPugsHK in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 8Last Post: 01-28-2011, 06:12 PM
- By karen bt in forum Everything ElseReplies: 2Last Post: 01-25-2010, 02:40 PM
- By papa2b in forum Baby TalkReplies: 7Last Post: 11-20-2009, 01:51 PM
- By Jay in forum EducationReplies: 3Last Post: 08-07-2008, 11:07 AM
- By GGHK in forum Baby TalkReplies: 4Last Post: 02-22-2005, 04:15 PM