Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kiangsu & Chekiang (International Section) – Is it good?? How about Choi Kei Yau?

bbpig415 is offline Registered User

Kiangsu & Chekiang (International Section) – Is it good?? How about Choi Kei Yau?

Our baby is on waiting list for the kindergarten (intl section). We are looking for a through train school with affordable school fee and no debenture. KC seems a good choice for us (might be even the only choice without the request of paying debenture). There seem to be lot of positive comments on KC’s kindergarten and primary international section and parents are satisfied with the school. However, comments about their secondary school (intl) section is not as good (eg. high turn-over, always secondary to the main stream students in terms of using school facilities etc). Students transferred out before moving to the secondary school? Does any parent know why and is it true?
    Since if their high school is not recommended, I rather not enrolling into KC kindergarten at the first place (of course, we might not be even accepted by the kindergarten haha). I am worry that it’s hard for baby to transfer to other intl high school, and not to mention local high schools, if we grad from its primary section.
    Pls, can someone share their insights with us? Please~~
    The other IB school we could afford might be Choi Kai Yau (but even a harder school to get in).

btw, im new to this forum (a new mommy) ..dunno how the forum works yet! but really wanna get some advice from parents out there~ :)

carang is offline Registered User

never heard of choi kai yau....

howardcoombs is offline Registered User

carang is offline Registered User

thanks!.......

Lemontea is offline Registered User

bbpig, how old is ur baby? how old u can apply to their kindy? pls advise. thx!

choi kai yau is another famous IB school in hk, but not an international school. very hard to get in. school fee similar to KC international section.
    Lemontea, my baby is jus 4mths old. I was just told that KC intl kindergarten accepted application once ur baby has birth cert, so i just applied last week and i was late already. =( u couldnt imagine how early the other parents hv registered. i m now on waiting list. the lady there told me we'll only be given interview if there'll be spot left (after the priority group (kids w/ bro & sis studying at the school) --> priority for those who are studying pre-nursery at KC --> then waiting list...
    so i m not too sure whether my gal will have a chance to receive an interview or not... =(
    btw, if ur baby gets into KC, will u send ur baby to their primary/high school? do u hv similar concern as I do regarding their secondary school (intl)??

Lemontea is offline Registered User

Thx bbpig!! Then your kid will have an interview at such an early age? My younger daughter is 4 months old too!!

Any tips on how to complete application to get on waitlist?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast