Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Moving to Hong Kong

Kd2011 is offline Registered User

Wink Moving to Hong Kong

Hi everyone

Me and my husband and 2yr old are moving to HK on august 1 and we are looking for other mummies and bubs who are looking for a meet up for a play and a coffee :)

Thanks everyone

Kyleigh

daddyuk is offline Registered User

Hi Kyleigh

My wife and I are moving to HK from the UK in October 2012 and we have a 1 year old. I am looking for people with babies so my daughter can play and we can meet people. We are moving to the new territories with my wifes extended family.

Would be interested to here more about you.

Thanks!

Kev

goldenexplosion is offline Registered User

Another one here moving from Ireland with 2 year old girl, would also be interested in meet ups as well! Also wondering what area you both will be moving to, we are currently trying to find a good serviced apartment in a quiet but convenient kid friendly area preferably on the island side with either a playground or park nearby. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks
    Posted via Mobile Device

Kd2011 is offline Registered User

Hi too both of you. We would love to meet up and have a play date. My little one is fast approaching 2 and is a very active young boy. We are staying in headland hotel in CX city for 6 weeks until we find somewhere to live, but my extensive knowledge (sitting at home researching) of the MTR means that I can pretty much get anywhere to meet you guys. PM me your email address and I'll contact you thru there.

Kyleigh

elle is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenexplosion View Post
    Another one here moving from Ireland with 2 year old girl, would also be interested in meet ups as well! Also wondering what area you both will be moving to, we are currently trying to find a good serviced apartment in a quiet but convenient kid friendly area preferably on the island side with either a playground or park nearby. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks
    Posted via Mobile Device
    For serviced apartments on HK island, depending on budget, consider Eaton House in Happy Valley or Parkview. Parkview is absolutely fabulous for children with indoor and outdoor play rooms, tons of grass and landscaped gardens to run around, three pools, including one indoors, a large western-style grocery store on site, many expat families with children and it is situated in Tai Tam Country Park, so you are in a nice, quiet area. The downside (for some) is that it is a 10-15 minute cab or bus ride to Wan Chai, and another 10 minutes or so to Central (assuming decent traffic). Where I'm from that kind of a commute is easy, but some people in HK think it is horrendous.

Eaton House serviced apartments are smaller and have fewer amenities that Parkview, but the location in Happy Valley is nice, there are lots of local and western shops around and there is an indoor public playroom and outdoor park in the area.

Personally, I would stay away from Central/ Admiralty/ Midlevels/ Wan Chai with a toddler as they are a crowded, polluted (the roadside pollution is really bad when you are walking around as the streets are so small, crowded and surrounded by high rise buildings blocking any chance of breeze), stroller unfriendly, concrete jungle. Some families love the Midlevels (where much of the 'action' is in terms of restaurants and bars) and Wan Chai, but most people I know move to less dense more kid friendly neighborhood when they have their children.

http://www.eatonhouse.com/en/

http://www.hongkongparkview.com/intro.php

Jules007 is offline Registered User

Hi ladies,
    I already live in Hk but always looking for new friends and play dates! I have a very active 22 month old and cooking up another at the moment! I currently live in Pokfulam on the island. Let me know if any of you fancy a coffee after you're settled!

Mini-me is offline Registered User

Hi, I'm from the UK too and have a 2 year old daughter and would love to meet up for playdates. We live on the Kowloon side.

MegOz is offline Registered User

Hi, I just moved to HK 3 weeks ago with my husband and 2 kids, a 2 year old and 6 month old... we have been staying in a serviced apartment in the mid levels and have to agree with Elle about it being stroller unfriendly and a concrete jungle, especially when you don't know your way around. After looking at lots of apartments in a few different areas we just signed a lease in Happy Valley where there seems to be more green spaces, wide footpaths and playgrounds. Would also be keen to meet up for a coffee/playdate... Thanks Meg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast