- 07-17-2012, 09:24 AM #9Registered User
- Join Date
- Jun 2010
Actually, I chose to go private for the scan (and skip the free public one) for that reason... I didn't want to wait for the result, though in hindsight regret that because it was not exactly cheap (1300hkd) and waiting for a couple of weeks wouldn't have been that bad. But I'm 31 and had already had a clear scan for my first child; think I would have waited had it been my first also though.
I think something to think about is whether in the case of an adverse result (which I still think is quite rare even given your age) you'd want to do a second OSCAR or the more advanced test which is amniocentisis. OSCAR only tells you probabilities but amnio gives a more confirmed results (there are some risks which is why they don't do it for everyone).
- By Alabaster in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 7Last Post: 05-04-2012, 12:24 PM
- By project pea in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 03-22-2012, 09:37 PM
- By divi_rohi in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 5Last Post: 01-31-2012, 10:58 PM
- By wannabemom in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 3Last Post: 05-14-2010, 12:14 AM
- By sassy in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 10-30-2008, 02:24 PM