Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Which formula milk..??? HELPPPP...!!!

dimps is offline Registered User
    hong kong

Which formula milk..??? HELPPPP...!!!

Have been breastfeeding my baby for 8 months now. I need to introduce infant formula milk , coz it becomes really difficult when going out with her. Would be traveling in the coming days, where finding a place to BF would be really difficult ( even with a stole covering me..or a nursing cover ). I tried giving her Enfamil A+ which she refused and cries profusely after having . I bought Nature's Formula milk from Bumps to babes...but even that she won't take. Could you suggest any formula milk which is close to breast milk ? Please Help..!!!

banane76 is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Both of my babies liked HIPP organic. They've also drank Aptamil from Bumps and Friso. They're not very fussy, though. Try's one of the less "stinky" formulas. Good on ya for breastfeeding for 8 months though! I would also try introducing it ounce by ounce mixed into your breast milk. That's how we introduced formula. Start with one ounce, and so on.

andytay is offline Registered User
    they say Goats milk closely resembles breast milk. IMI has a brand available which is also carried in Eugene Club. Buy a small can and give it a shot.
    floridamom likes this.

JL168 is offline Registered User
    HIPP fan here as well :)

krl198 is offline Registered User
    Tung Chung

You can try Nestle Nan H.A. formula milk. I saw a private paediatrician when my son was 3 months old and he recommended it to me. I have always substituted a bit of formula milk with breastfeeding for him. It is a partially digested formula so very close to breast milk.

He started off on Enfamil as well, but the hospital told me it wasn't the best formula and Cow & Gate was better. I will never use Cow & Gate again though as most babies I know who are on it just throw up all the time after drinking it. My son did that as well. He has had no side effects and has never thrown up on Nestle Nan H.A. I've heard SMA is good too but you can only get it in the UK or Bumps to Babes in HK I think.

Good luck!

southside852 is offline Registered User
    In the UK, we used Aptamil but always found it hard to find in HK so we switched to Cow & Gate's Pepti Junior.

charade is offline Registered User
    Just for the record, my kids drink Cow and Gate and have no problems. And my son did have reflux problems...but while breastfeeding, not when we started introducing formula at 4 months. We picked Cow and Gate because that's what he was once cup-fed at the public hospital I delivered at. The Hospital Authority's position is that they rotate formula brands because there is no real difference between them, which I believe to be true although individual babies will have their own preferences so one may have to try different brands to suit a baby's taste.

Nestle Nan Ha and Cow and Gate Pepti Junior are hypoallergenic/for special medical reasons and may suit babies who are having problems adjusting to regular formula.

m_c is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    I also use cow and gate as it was what was given to my son at the public hospital. I like it as its from NZ.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast