Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Morning sickness

Sapphire40 is offline Registered User

How did you both cope with the sickness? I am not vomiting (yet) but feel so nauseous its debilitating. I can hardly do anything as I feel so sick, and I have problems with bloating and indigestion so it's all very unpleasant. Just sent my husband out to by ginger ale in case that works. On bed rest at the moment but not looking forward to going back to work as I can't physically do much. Any experiences shared or advice appreciated - i have looked at the websites suggested which have been helpful. I've heard sea sickness bands help as well?

Aquarian is offline Registered User

I threw up several times a week from week 5 to week 9 but it's been ok for the last few weeks. What helped me was not letting myself get hungry: so eat something small every couple of hours. I ate a lot if Ginger nut biscuits and dried apricots. Good luck :)

Thanks Aquarian. I'm finding ginger ale helps a bit but I can't drink it all day so maybe I will get some ginger biscuits. I'm carrying twins so apparently the nausea is a lot worse than normal. If I could find some ginger sweets to suck on that would be good too! I'm just over 7 weeks now and it started just over a week ago. It may be that being on bed rest just makes thing worse! I don't think I have ever felt so wretched in my life before.

Lousmum is offline Registered User

Sapphire there's no real cure for the nausea as far as I know.
    You just hold onto what works for you.
    And be strong.

Irishmom is offline Registered User

I'm glad to hear some ladies don't have much difficulties during pregnancy that's really Blessing,I started to feel so weak when I'm 3 weeks pregnant feeling really stress,uncomfortable and yes puking too until present and just notice I have spotting makes me really worried have you ladies have any experience like this?

If you are spotting go and see your doctor straight away.

I started spotting at about 5 and a half weeks and didn't think much of it. Saw the doc a week later (last week) and he put me on bed rest. I started bleeding properly this morning but so far am not having a miscarriage but the doc is worried, I am likely to lose one of the twins, just hope the other hangs on. I have 24 hr nausea and severe bloating, find it difficult to eat but aren't vomiting yet. And i feel very weak and frankly like shit. I am 7.5 weeks pregnant and have never felt so ill or helpless in my life. I can't travel now for at least 5 weeks so bang goes our holiday in the UK and Portugal and a weekend away this weekend.

Irishmom is offline Registered User

Hi there thank for you advice and yes all this miserable experience that most of us preggy have to go through I understand how you feel, and glad you would be able get through.

I finally manage to call a private ob. and describe my spotting he said it's normal, mine is not heavy I see sometime in the tissue after I pee its pinkish and not even in my undies...how ever as a first and first trimester I really panic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire40 View Post
    If you are spotting go and see your doctor straight away.

I started spotting at about 5 and a half weeks and didn't think much of it. Saw the doc a week later (last week) and he put me on bed rest. I started bleeding properly this morning but so far am not having a miscarriage but the doc is worried, I am likely to lose one of the twins, just hope the other hangs on. I have 24 hr nausea and severe bloating, find it difficult to eat but aren't vomiting yet. And i feel very weak and frankly like shit. I am 7.5 weeks pregnant and have never felt so ill or helpless in my life. I can't travel now for at least 5 weeks so bang goes our holiday in the UK and Portugal and a weekend away this weekend.

evgreen is offline Registered User

My OB/GYN presribed me Diclectin for my morning sickness because I was also working full-time, otherwise she would've just recommended lots of bed rest if I didn't have to be at the office all day. It helped somewhat. I would only take in the evenings because it causes drowsiness. But if you can tough it out, no meds is better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12