Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Looking for activities for toddler while waiting for baby#2 - TSING YI

1sttimemom is offline Registered User

Looking for activities for toddler while waiting for baby#2 - TSING YI

Hi Everyone

We are back in HK waiting for the arrival of baby#2 and I am looking for activities to occupy my toddler's (2 yo) time from now til October. I know there's A LOT on HK Island and many centers in Kowloon Tong, but ideally looking for something convenient for us living in Tsing Yi.

We're taking her swimming in our clubhouse but all lessons I've found are so far away ( YMCA in TST, etc). Any ideas? I'm looking for swimming lessons, art and music classes, play/gym classes.

Thanks!

okezie is offline Registered User

Play with your child! Cheaper, more convenient, and that connection with your own child is priceless! You can enjoy so much with your two year old now, before the problem of the next child putting small things in its mouth emerges! What I mean is your 2 yo can paint with you, play play dough, play with water, but when bb2 comes, things get tricky. Dance with your child, or make shakers and shake shakers to the music (pregnant women can dance - I did!) Go swimming and just enjoy the time in the water with your child. Look on the internet at some blogs like http://playathomemom3.blogspot.hk/ Join a parent playgroup so you can be with other parents that possibly have the same interest as you. Have fun mama.

1sttimemom is offline Registered User

Thanks for the blog link!

I'm definitely spending a lot of QT with her now, enjoying it being just her and I. I am due in 4 weeks, so looking for activities for her so she can get out a bit and socialize more - she needs it as she is quite introvert and takes quite a bit of time to warm up. In Beijing, where we live normally, she has a group of friends we spend time with everyday. She loved her Gymboree art classes, and is showing some musical talent so looking for options out there! :)