Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lesliefu

finally ternminate my help but she seems dunno

JOY88ALWAYS is offline Registered User

finally ternminate my help but she seems dunno

I ternminate my helper according to her poor perfomance on 23/6.i let her sign the doc. And yesterday she ask me y not release her .... i told her clearly its terminate b4 she sign..... ah.... dunno what to say... how can she be so absent even her own things....
    I cant stand cus she fall asleep in the bus while she bring my younger daughter out and let my little girl only four years old to wake her up when near the stop.... lots of weirid things ..... she wants me to write a reference letter for her. Cus her fd introduce her an employer in discovery bay.... should i help her???
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Posted via Mobile Device

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    just write the reference letter - there MUST be something that she is good at...cooking / cleaning? just make sure to point out that she is not the best with kids but there are strengths to EVERY one...even her! there must be! why should you NOT help her? she doesn't appear to be a BAD person just absent minded which isn't BAD! not great with kids for sure though...there MUST be something she is good at!
    Lousmum likes this.

JOY88ALWAYS is offline Registered User
    not only absent mind......... She is very lazy , no comment sense...She is not good in cooking and cleaning. (just in the first half year ) and after half year.... She totally change........... and also once she push my son and hurt his head, she only use vaseline to clean the injure area... without report to me also...... many many careless and bad things. So i am thinking should i give her reference letter

carang is offline Registered User
    i've just terminated my helper who is hopeless with my kids. BUT she is fabulous at cleaning and laundry. she is fast and efficient. there must be something she is good at?

common sense is different for everyone. to me, i would say, when it is 25C putting children in 10 layers of clothing so they have to have a cloth at their neck to soak up sweat is NOT common sense, yet it is common practice in HK.... a lot of "common sense" comes down to culture.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    If you cannot honestly say anything good about her work skills then I'd say no to giving her a reference. A new employer can always call you to get the feedback directly. As someone who relied heavily on the reference letters when hiring our helper, I don't think you should say she is good in a reference letter unless you think she is good. We only interviewed helpers with reference letters and even then, only hired one where we could call and discuss the reference letter with the previous employer.

Agree with the above though, if she was good at some things, then I think you are better to say she is good at XYZ and then not mention that she is not good at ABC. Any new employer can draw their own conclusions as to why ABC was not mentioned in the letter.