Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

preschools in Repulse Bay and Stanley

bkrent is offline Registered User

preschools in Repulse Bay and Stanley

We will arrive in Hong Kong after the fall semester has begun. Should we apply to preschools *now* for our 3.5 year old, or can it wait until after our arrival? How many preschools should we apply to, to ensure there would be space? Are preschools admissions competitive? (Should we obtain recommendation letters from our child's current teachers?) Any recommendations on preschools in Repulse Bay or Stanley would also be great!

Thank you!

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    I believe many are full already so you can wait till you arrive to apply...ones with mandarin offered I believe are more competitive. Perhaps you could try woodlands which has a couple campuses in RB so there could possibly be more availability...it would be easier for you tom decide if you did campus visits...honestly a month or so will not make a difference at this Point, I don't believe...,good luck!

wanyin is offline Registered User
    Try sunshine house in tai tam?
    Posted via Mobile Device

elle is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by lesliefu View Post
    I believe many are full already so you can wait till you arrive to apply...ones with mandarin offered I believe are more competitive. Perhaps you could try woodlands which has a couple campuses in RB so there could possibly be more availability...it would be easier for you tom decide if you did campus visits...honestly a month or so will not make a difference at this Point, I don't believe...,good luck!
    Many are already full, yes,but I disagree that the OP should wait to apply. Conacting the schools now will give the, a realistic picture of what options are available for their child and can help secure a spot sooner and perhaps have one available on their arrival. There is a big difference between being number 2 or 3 on the waiting list and number 20, which is another reason they should apply now. I live south side and know a number of parents whose preschool aged children do not have spots in their preferred school yet or a spot anywhere at all in some cases.

OP: you don't necessairily need to 'apply' to schools now, but I would at a minimum contact the, to find out what your options look like.