Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

What's the latest at Baptist Hospital?

1sttimemom is offline Registered User

What's the latest at Baptist Hospital?

Hi Mamas or Mamas-to-be

I am due with baby #2 in 3 weeks, and will give birth at Baptist again. Would appreciate if anybody has any updated information as I am considering staying in a semi-private (2 person) room vs the private I was in last time.

1. Does anyone have any idea on the difference in fee I'll end up paying if I stay in a semi-private? HKD20,000 + ?

2. Are children allowed to visit? I really want my 2 year old to come for a quick daily visit. Will hospital allow?

3. If I don't stay in a private room, can my husband visit and actually hold the baby daily or will he be just looking through the glass like everyone else?

Thanks in advance!

giginium is offline Registered User

A bit off topic here, but I am going to Baptist for my first in end Nov. What is the fee that you paid for a semi-private? I know that was two years ago, but I just want an idea.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by 1sttimemom View Post
    Hi Mamas or Mamas-to-be

I am due with baby #2 in 3 weeks, and will give birth at Baptist again. Would appreciate if anybody has any updated information as I am considering staying in a semi-private (2 person) room vs the private I was in last time.

1. Does anyone have any idea on the difference in fee I'll end up paying if I stay in a semi-private? HKD20,000 + ?

2. Are children allowed to visit? I really want my 2 year old to come for a quick daily visit. Will hospital allow?

3. If I don't stay in a private room, can my husband visit and actually hold the baby daily or will he be just looking through the glass like everyone else?

Thanks in advance!

1sttimemom is offline Registered User

I was in a private 2 years ago - I think it ended up being about 80k. Your doctor and pediatrician costs will be different from mine. Staying in a private room, they apply a 60-100% surcharge to almost everything, down to the last cotton ball.

My situation though, every penny was worth it.