Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Annabel Karmel Books

slin is offline Registered User

Annabel Karmel Books

Hi,

I'm looking for pre-loved Annabel Karmel books, in particular the New Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner or the top 100 baby Purees. Pls PM me if you wish to let go yours. Thanks in advance!

Also, would appreciate if you wonderful mommies can share your experience in introducing solids to your baby? My baby gal will be turning 5mo soon and i can't wait to prepare her first meal of solids when she hits 6mo!!! :D

evgreen is offline Registered User
    I downloaded the Annabel Karmel app for iPhone which I thought was helpful. There are a number of recipes included from 4 months to toddler stages of development. The only thing which I thought was lacking was that the recipes by Annabel are obviously tailored to ingredients which are easy to get in UK/Europe. Although sweet potatoes and carrots and such are easy to get here, I like taking advantage of the seasonal produce in our region as well. I sometimes substitute with local squashes or greens with stuff like choi sum or bok choy. Feeding baby this way is definitely much more cost effective if you like to frequent the local wet markets rather than buying expensive imported produce.

I also used a local baby food cookbook which was bilingual Chinese/English. The recipes are very easy to follow with lots of local ingredients and good guidelines for feeding babies of different ages. Love this book! http://www.hkbookcity.com/showbook2....rial_no=183458

1sttimemom is offline Registered User
    I found quite a few recipes are already on Annabel Karmel's website, so take a look there first :)

I also used weelicious.com and wholesomebabyfood.com and found both very helpful. I introduced my girl to rice cereal first, and used that as a base to introduce fruits/veg to her, using the wait-and-see rule for 3-4 days.

Have fun!!! :) It's a great time as they are really curious and willing to try different foods (at least that was my experience). Age 1 and then pickiness hit ! :)

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    I think I have one of those ones. Will check tonight and PM you. Am just at the stage of moving all the "baby" items on to others!

slin is offline Registered User
    starbucks2 - thanks, have you found the books?