- 09-13-2012, 03:55 PM #9Registered User
- Join Date
- Dec 2007
We had friends visiting us from day one, but only for a couple of hours, and mostly on weekends. But again as thanks mentioned, everyone called up before coming to fix up a time suitable for us. Yes, the first 4-6 weeks are really exhausting for the new mother, and you cannot have so much with friends at that time.
As we always knew beforehand when someone was coming, we would put our daughter to sleep in the pram or basket, and bring the pram into the living room for everyone to see tha baby. And initially, she used to sleep all day and be awake all night, so there was no point anyone would hold her or play with her as she was sleeping soundly that time.
I think it's great if you can have a basket for the baby, and let everyone see from around. No need for anyone to pick up the baby or touch the baby.
- 09-14-2012, 01:01 AM #10Registered User
- Join Date
- Sep 2012
- Hong Kong Island
When they are welcome.
- By starrywood in forum EducationReplies: 0Last Post: 08-17-2011, 08:50 PM
- By dou22 in forum EducationReplies: 11Last Post: 02-06-2010, 05:08 PM
- By Mrs.Yu in forum EducationReplies: 2Last Post: 10-17-2008, 09:10 PM
- By gigi in forum Baby's HealthReplies: 0Last Post: 02-05-2007, 10:42 AM
- By rmulhall in forum Baby TalkReplies: 9Last Post: 12-10-2006, 11:48 AM