Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

How do I get a Scan Picture at Tsan Yuk Hospital?

littlebump is offline Registered User

How do I get a Scan Picture at Tsan Yuk Hospital?

Hi Everyone,

I have my 12 week scan next Monday at Tsan Yuk, I am using the public system and am a hk ID holder. I know that I have to pay a small fee for the scan itself when I get there, but I did see someone mention on this forum about also paying to have the scan pictures to, which they also said was optional.

I would really love to do this and am getting a bit anxious about missing out on getting the first pic of our baby and a precious keepsake.
    Does anyone know how this works at Tsan Yuk, do they ask when I pay at the shroff/ or payment counter whether I would like to also Pay to have the pictures, or is it something I have to ask for?

If anyone could help me out with this info, I would be really grateful! thank you in advance! :)

TraceyHat is offline Registered User
    You don't pay for the actual scan, only for a picture. When you arrive for the ultrasound tell them you want a picture. They'll give you a slip to take down to the cashier and you pay $245 (I think... Or about that amount). Then you take the receipt back up to the ultrasound department. You only get one picture and you have to tell them and pay before you have the scan otherwise it's too late. Enjoy!

Thank you so much Tracey for the advice/info :) its all a bit overwhelming being an expat and having your first baby in another country, but that has really helped!

No worries!! I know, just been through all of it, I'm 35 weeks now... Home stretch... So shout if u have any other questions!

Hi Tracey, just a quick question. My scan today is the NT one, which includes a blood test. Can I still request to pay for a pic for this one or is that only with the routine 20 week scan?

Yes, as far as I know you can get a pic from any scan there, as long as you arrange for it beforehand... I got one from my NT scan.