Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Polycystic ovaries

djudju is offline Registered User

Polycystic ovaries

Hi everyone!
    Before moving to HK, i was diagnosed with polycystic ovaries. At that time my GYN gave me a treatment to solve out my irregular cycles to be able to conceive. The thing is that to start this treatment i have to wait for my periods but they are not coming (i've been waiting for 2 months now), so i need to see a new GYN here in HK but as i'm a new comer i don't know any. So my question is: Does anyone know a good GYN? I live near TST but i don't mind going to HK island. Are GYN expensive here in hk? I have no medical insurance...

Thank you for your help.

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    I would recommend Dr Lucy Lord from Central Health....but she is quote pricey....an expert in this field though...she's in central. Private Gyns are quite expensive overall.

Thank you for your answer. When you say expensive, would it be more than hkd1000/consultation? Because I really have no idea of the range since in my home country a gyn costs around hkd500

HongKongShopper is offline Registered User
    I would recommend Michelle Tsui at Premier Medical. I have PCOS and when i miscarried the first time I went to her and I have to say she is awesome! She spends time with you during the consultation explaining everything and doesnot rush you like some other OB's. When I fell pregnant again and had some problems she was so caring and supportive, now I have ahealthy 8 month old. :)

bagel is offline Registered User
    I second the recommendation for Michelle Tsui. She is fantastic. Her consultations are 1000 HKD and scans are an additional 500 HKD.

Thank you for your answers!