Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Mainland Mum in Hong Kong with No ID (yet)

carang is offline Registered User
    it has nothing to do with being permanent residents.... it has to do with the fact that your wife is not resident (ie she doesn't hold a HKID). it also has to do with the repercussions down the road... because of the chinese-ness of your wife, it means that your child will have ROA, which means that the gov't is liable for education and health care for your child for life....

HG19 is offline Registered User
    But she will have HKID in January but a little late, I understand your point but surly they have allowed us to be here, work here and are offering us the opportunity to stay here for life which is what we intend to do so why would allowing my child health and schooling opportunities be a problem especially when the reason they allow me to stay is because i am contributing to and supporting the economy, the tax i pay is what supports the education and health system so what is the problem.

Redestiny is offline Registered User
    Well United Christian had several of these large posters in the waiting room as of 2 wks ago and their website says the same.

http://www3.ha.org.hk/uch/nonresiden...stetricPackage

Redestiny. thank you very much this looks promising , i will call them first thing Monday and make an inquiry , i will let you know how it goes, there might be hope....

It does appear and clearly one should be wary of website info but on the HK Hospital Authority website ( http://www.ha.org.hk/visitor/ha_visi...10045&Ver=HTML) it does show an option for non eligible, if it is so clear cut about non eligible not being able to have a baby in hong kong why does this option exist.

Charlotte Mama is offline Registered User
    Hi, I am a mainland mum with English husband, and I deliverid in HK, my daughter is turning to 2 now. It was same situation we had, but luckily my husband got insurance to covered private hospital, we applied Matilda when I was 6 weeks pregnant, i didnt have my ID card in that time as it takes so long to apply for,they accepted my passport as a application documents, then I got my ID card when I was 3 months pregnant, so it was all went well.

Just thinking May be you can apply for private hospital now incase that you can't get a spot in public hospital when your wife got an ID card, as it will be too late until her due date?

Or delivery in Shenzhen, you can apply a Depandent visa for your child once she/he born, it takes 4-6 weeks.

Hope that helps, You can PM me if your wife needs any one to talk, it must be so stressful for her.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Aquarian is offline Registered User
    For UCH - I'm really surprised. On that website the poster is dated 2010, but the ban on mainland mums came in in April this year. The only posters I've seen at UCH are the big pink/purple ones saying they won't accept any non-eligible bookings. And 'unbooked delivery is dangerous!'

OP: there are some places available for non-residents, which is why they have the cost options, but if I remember correctly it's now only 3000 spaces per year.
    Last edited by Aquarian; 10-20-2012 at 09:10 PM.

Aquarian is offline Registered User
    http://www.ha.org.hk/haho/ho/pad/120426E.pdf. This explains the current situation re bookings.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast