Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree5Likes

Why is Victoria so popular?! My son doesn't seem to like it there..

julie p is offline Registered User
    my son also went to victoria pre nursery - eng/put at harbour heights. even though our family does not speak a word of mandarin or cantonese, we had no problem communicating with school. in fact, they put a translator next to me during the orientation bc it was in cantonese. i feel that his teachers were very caring and thoughtful of all children. even though my son is quite active, they were able to calm him down and make him love his teachers. he made lots of friends and by the end, he didn't want to leave. his mandarin also got very good. he can't converse like kids who speak from parents who speak mandarin at home, but he understands what teachers say and can express what he wants. i felt teachers really took time to get to know each child well and i really appreciated seeing all the pictures every few weeks of what they were doing. my experience as an expat parent is a great one. my son still talks about his teachers. they did a really good job getting all the children independent. his potty training was easy as 123. he even got into canadian international school - pre reception am and kiangsu k1 local. i thank that to the teachers at victoria bc he had plenty of self confidence and able to express himself well. i think every parent has their own thing when it comes to schools. for me, i didn't like tutortime (mid-levels) and IMS (mid-levels). those schools didn't make any sense to me, but i am sure it does to many other parents. if you feel uncomfortable, i say pull him out. take him somewhere where it would suit him better instead of bad feeling about it.

peachylin is offline Registered User
    Hi julie p, is Victoria's nursery (for 2 years old) in English and Putonghua? Good to know as I always thought it was in Eng-Cantonese.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using GeoClicks Mobile

howardcoombs is offline Registered User
    Victoria and its various streams are documented on this page:
    http://www.victoria.edu.hk/eng/Progr...lumStreams.php

julie p is offline Registered User
    Yes but only at Harbour Heights and CWB campus.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234