Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

dr gosh & QMH or Dr Lam

rs2000 is offline Registered User

dr gosh & QMH or Dr Lam

Hi All.

I needed yoru help to decide about which doctor shall I see for my pregnancy.
    I saw dr ghosh for my previous pregnancy. We decided to go for matilda initially and asked his stafff to get the bookign for us. but were then put on the waiting list. in the 8th month, we got the booking but found out that our insurance would only cover upto 50k expenses and the actual expenses would be around 100k and hence decided to not go for it. I emailed dr ghosh's stafff that we do not need the booking but felt very embarassed that we declined the offer after he had tried hard for it. This was a few weeks before by delivery and I did not go to see dr ghosh after this.

Now I am pregnant after 1.5 years and want to see some good doctor. I had found dr ghosh to be very good and would love to see him but I just feel too embarassed to face him and am not sure how he will react and whether he will be angry at what we had done last time. Has anybody experienced this situation. (I know we did not handle the situation very well last tiome). Shall I go ahead and make a an appointment with dr ghosh ? I do not plan to go for matilda this time as well. Please let me know about whether I shall make an appointment with doctor ghosh this time and do you thonk, he will be supportive of QMH and wont mind what had happened last time (this time we will tell him upfront that we dont need matilda).

I head he has his assitant dr KW Lam, any comments on her? Please give some feedback?

Also for QMH, i am planning to go for private room as my insurance would cover upto 50k. I was thinking that since dr kw Lam is a resident doctor in QMH, is it possible for me to see dr ghosh and then deliver at QMH choosing dr. Lam. can I select my own doctor if I chose private facilities at QMH (i..e dr lam).

Sorry for the long post and a whole lot of questions. I would really really appreciate your help.
    Thanks a lot!!

any help here pls
    I need to make the apppointment tomorrow.

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    If you decide to go private at QMH make sure the doc is not going in holiday close to your due date. That happened to me and I was stuck with the doc on duty cause the doc I was seeing was taking leave on my due date. Why pay private prices is who you want to deliver is on holiday?

I am sure dr gosh will not be upset, he has probably seen so many people in the meantime and things happen so I wouldn't let at worryyou. Sorry can't help with anything else though.

thanks a lot. yeah I hope he wont be upset. but just that I feel embarassed to see him. has anyone else experienced a similar situation.

any more info. on QMH private ward will be very helpful too

thanks a lot!