Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Has anyone had any experience with the Women's Clinic in central?

Brocker85 is offline Registered User

Has anyone had any experience with the Women's Clinic in central?

My edd is first week of May and they asked me which doctor I wanted to see. I'm new to HK, does anyone have any recommendations? What about Dr Leong? Thanks!

Sapphire40 is offline Registered User
    Women's clinic in central is very good. There are 3 docs there, Dr Leung, Dr Doo and Dr Mok who is female. My doctor is Dr Doo but I have seen all 3 as they do cover for each other on holidays and such. Dr Leung is more expensive than Dr Doo and Dr Mok. All of them are very good and very nice. You will find with Dr Doo and Dr Leung that you may always be waiting 30mins plus after your appt time as they dont always run on time. Dr Mok is slightly less busy I think so more prompt. Personally I don't have an issue with the waiting (I have had to be squeezed in at short notice myself). The nurses are very good, it's very professional so you will be in very good hands whichever doctor you go with. I can't recommend them highly enough having had IVF there and since then have suffered a haematoma in the uterus, and have been very well taken care of.

Brocker85 is offline Registered User
    Thanks so much for the info! I really appreciate it. I'm going in tomorrow to have my Hcg and progesterone levels checked again. Fingers crossed!

Babyluv2012 is offline Registered User
    I see Dr. Mok. She's great! Very caring and to the point. I think you'll have a good experience at the Women's Clinic.

SLPmom is offline Registered User
    My experience has not been great, however, I've had a difficult pregnancy. From what I've heard they are great as long as everything in the pregnancy goes great. Otherwise, in my experience, bed side manner and compassion are both lacking.

alfa is offline Registered User
    I have to disagree with SLP mom - i had an extremely difficult pregnancy with frequent bleeding due to hematoma and early contractions and they were great. I could call dr Doo on his private number and once he even came to the hospital. At 3 am to see me - it was afalse alarm but he was totally cool about it. I also ear many good things about dr Mok. Dr Leung I think is more fertility orientated. The only down side is the waiting times as they get busy but then again I think it is true for most clinics here. I went around i by scheduling some of my apptments with dr Doo in Matilda hospital- virtualy no queue but slighly higher charges.

elle is offline Registered User
    Dr. Mok is a very good OB, highly competent and well trained. Had a somewhat difficult pregnancy and complications during and after delivery and she managed everything well. She is a bit clinical, which was fine with me as a prefer a highly competent doc and didnt need someone to hold my hand. She was always available to answer questions, however, and took the time to provide real answers. Appointments were also generally prompt, and once the nursing staff knew that it was hard for me to wait around for an appointment, they would call me if she was running behind or at hospital with another patient and have me come to the appointment later in the day or reschedule.

dressuphk is offline Registered User
    I am also seeing Dr. Mok, she is nice and calm. But I have a very low risk pregnancy so I cannot comment how she is in dealing with complications... Sometimes have to wait for 30 mins or so to see her... but it's worth it. And she encourage natural birth too :)
    mummy mummy hooohooo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast