Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Rectal bleeding with bowl movement

Bolli is offline Registered User

Rectal bleeding with bowl movement

Hai ladies,

I m 25 weeks now going PMH.. My next app in MCHC is on sep 20th..
    Since two days when i had a bowel movement I m seeing blood in toilet .surrounding the poop and on the poop itself(sorry *TMI)
    I wiped ..just had spotting..not lot of blood on tissue paper.i had wiped the vaginal area...didnt find any blood or spotting.
    Has anyone else has experienced like this before..I know that hemorroids are common in pregnancy..Even though I m having good fiber diet..*but it is freaking me out when ever i see the blood.
    I can feel the baby movements...

I wanted to know which over the counter medication are safe to use..like dulcolax..colace..Metamucil ..anusol cream...preparation H cream..

mummymoo is offline Registered User
    I would mention it to your doctor next time you see him/her. Haemorrhoids are very common in pregnancy (so don't worry) and you'd be really unlucky to have it be something nasty but a bedside examination could be in order. Better to be safe than sorry.

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolli View Post
    Hai ladies,

I m 25 weeks now going PMH.. My next app in MCHC is on sep 20th..
    Since two days when i had a bowel movement I m seeing blood in toilet .surrounding the poop and on the poop itself(sorry *TMI)
    I wiped ..just had spotting..not lot of blood on tissue paper.i had wiped the vaginal area...didnt find any blood or spotting.
    Has anyone else has experienced like this before..I know that hemorroids are common in pregnancy..Even though I m having good fiber diet..*but it is freaking me out when ever i see the blood.
    I can feel the baby movements...

I wanted to know which over the counter medication are safe to use..like dulcolax..colace..Metamucil ..anusol cream...preparation H cream..
    It's haemorrhoids (piles) and it is common in pregnancy and throughout the population. It is usually safe to use Preparation H cream but ask your doctor. "Welcome to the pregnancy horrors club." You'll just have to hope they go away after pregnancy--sometimes they do and sometimes they don't.
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK