- 09-06-2012, 01:12 PM #9Registered User
- Join Date
- May 2010
- hk south side
It actually seems that you made a few mistakes in the termination procedure, likely because you didn't know what the law required. Also, your former helper doesn't have any obligation to speak with the agency (and likely has been advised not to as there is a current labour dispute).
Additionally, regarding the training of your new helper, there are a host of reasons why this often does not work out - sometimes the new helper doesn't want to listen to the outgoing employee as they view them as not an authority figure, sometimes there are communication issues, sometimes the outgoing helper simply doesn't know how to or is not comfortable training another person/ her replacement and in some cases I am sure the outgoing helper just does not want to do it. Unless employer and employee are departing on excellent terms (except perhaps in the case of certain professionals who have obligations arising from contract, law or membership in a professional body), rarely would any institution or employer trust a former or terminated employee to train a replacement, particularly at lower levels.
Last edited by elle; 09-06-2012 at 01:15 PM.
- 09-06-2012, 01:56 PM #10
if you fired an employee for not doing a good job, then why would you want that same employee to train your next one?
- 09-06-2012, 05:53 PM #11Registered User
“Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
- Join Date
- May 2009
spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”
~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)
Mother of Two
JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK
- By marie313 in forum Everything ElseReplies: 1Last Post: 06-23-2009, 10:48 PM
- By reei in forum Baby TalkReplies: 3Last Post: 04-26-2009, 01:10 PM
- By mummyof2 in forum Baby TalkReplies: 7Last Post: 11-14-2008, 05:55 PM
- By merichan in forum Parenting - Toddlers and PreschoolersReplies: 2Last Post: 10-10-2007, 08:06 AM
- By fennho in forum Preparing for the ArrivalReplies: 6Last Post: 10-01-2007, 10:20 PM