Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By howardcoombs

Hainan?

evelyne is offline Registered User

Hainan?

My parents are coming to Hong Kong and we would like to do some traveling with them and our four year old for a few days. Looking at a short flight or train ride. They are keen on Hainan, but I have not heard much positive on it.

Has anyone had a good experience in Hainan with kids? Where did you stay? Are there places that are not packed with tour groups? We speak Chinese and are used to traveling in China, but this would be the first time with the little one.

Thanks for your help!

m_c
    m_c is offline Registered User
    Not much to do except pool and beach. But I love it there! I have stayed at the Pullman in YaLong Bay and it was great. Has a good pool and a golf cart train that transports you to the beach about a minute away.

howardcoombs is offline Registered User
    Hainan by train (from Guangzhou) is not recommended unless you are very well traveled and have high tolerance for China and older trains.

Hainan resorts can be very nice but look at your prices carefully : you will generally find very similar deals for other south asian countries with much better infrastructure for tourists.
    elle likes this.

evelyne is offline Registered User
    Thanks for the tips. We will fly to Hainan then. Pullman looks nice, but isn't geared at golfers? Is it a good option for kids? What other hotels have people had good experiences in with kids? We also plan to travel inland a little to explore the mountains and local villages. Anyone tried that?

Scroll to top