Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

View Poll Results: Was helper justified to give medicine against our instruction to make our baby sleep?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Acceptable

0 0%
  • Somewhat acceptable

0 0%
  • Not sure

1 0.93%
  • Somewhat Unacceptable, Give 2nd chance

6 5.61%
  • Unacceptable, Terminate

101 94.39%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Helper Caught Drugging Baby to Sleep

miran is offline Registered User
    i am horrified someone is actually asking this question ! is this post real ?
    carang, sundayz0 and cetice like this.

elle is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Margaret09 View Post
    Hi
    I would terminate her contract. What if you had also given your baby medicine & she was unaware that you had? She could have overdoes your child. Some medicine, even over the counter ones have high toxicity levels for the liver & kidneys of young children . What she did was dangerous. I think it would be difficult to trust her again as what she did was untrustworthy
    The more I think about this, the more I realize that what your helper did was potentially very dangerous, not just some abstract risk. Our neighbor's baby recently had a panadol overdose (causes liver damage) because their helper did not record giving the drug to the baby in the book they keep to track all drugs administered to the baby. Then she 'forgot' when she last gave baby the drug and decided to administer an extra dose because the baby was fussy. Then the parents gave the drug again a little while later because they did not know the baby had recently had panadol. The result was a trip to the ER.
    carang, striker and lululuk87 like this.

Ingela is offline Registered User
    I would fire them both. Neither one of them sounds thrustworthy and are causing you too much trouble but especially the first helper. Protect your kids! There are way better helpers out there, you just have to look for them. Ask your friends, maybe they have great helpers who in turn can recommend someone. Good luck!
    carang and lesliefu like this.

MacauMum is offline Registered User
    This must be a prank and if it isn't you should be the first person whose parental rights should be removed, nevermind firing the helper, your first job is to protect your child, please someone tell me this is a bad joke, it's awful to think some children grow up with such parents.
    Last edited by MacauMum; 09-28-2012 at 11:29 PM.

candyman is offline Registered User
    I would immediately call the police if such thing happens! I think the helper needs to be into prison for endangering children!!!!
    slin and cetice like this.

mummymoo is offline Registered User
    I'm not sure what she's done warrants jail time. She might not have known it was wrong per se, given her educational background. Termination, definitely in order, file at Immigration, definitely. Jailing her - well I don't know if she has intentionally tried to hurt the child. Not follow an instruction yes! Out to intentionally harm/maim no!
    Look from a practical viewpoint, I agree with Thanka2, you need to look inside your home and work out why this happened. It appears that your helper has to work during the day and sleep at night with your child, she needs to be able to sleep too and was just sorting out a way in which is was workable for her and may not understand the consequences. The sleeping with the child and working during the day time needs to be looked at.

MacauMum, I think your comment is a little harsh. As mums none of us are perfect but to attack the OP for asking for advice/ some perspective and telling people 'it's awful to think some children grow up with such parents.' or to imply her children should be taken away from her is unkind at the very least. Haven't you ever done something you weren't proud of when you were parenting your child, made a bad decision? Lost your temper? Who are you to judge that her parental rights should be removed? I'm hoping your post was just a very visceral reaction and that you didn't really mean it.

mummymoo is offline Registered User
    Striker, the second helper needs to go too. Get her to sign something confirming the first maids actions about the medicine so you can release immediately and can make a report to immigration. Then let the second one go once you've sourced a replacement, your second helper sounds very similar to some helpers I see at playgroups and playgrounds who are busy chatting away and not looking after their charges. Not a keeper.

JoyousBaby is offline Registered User
    I will fire both helpers... They are there to help out not cause more problems. How can they be caring like you mentioned, when one of them is drugging your baby!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast