Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

View Poll Results: Was helper justified to give medicine against our instruction to make our baby sleep?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Acceptable

0 0%
  • Somewhat acceptable

0 0%
  • Not sure

1 0.86%
  • Somewhat Unacceptable, Give 2nd chance

6 5.17%
  • Unacceptable, Terminate

110 94.83%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Helper Caught Drugging Baby to Sleep

JoyousBaby is offline Registered User

Yes Mummymoo, there are too many such helpers around. Seen a few scolding and yelling at the kids. I believe most parents don't do that in public and why helpers are granted to do so? Wonder if employers know how their maid behave when they are at work and poor kids are too young to tell parents about how they were treated.. Hmmm

elle is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by JoyousBaby View Post
    ... Seen a few scolding and yelling at the kids. I believe most parents don't do that in public and why helpers are granted to do so? Wonder if employers know how their maid behave when they are at work and poor kids are too young to tell parents about how they were treated.. Hmmm
    Drugging a child and disciplining a child, in public or not (after discussing how it should be done with the parents) are two totally different things. I have no problem with a helper or nanny scolding a misbehaving child (uncontrolled yelling / anger should of course be distinguished). We have the exact opposite problem most of the time, children who don't mind their caregivers when they are out in public acting inappropriately. I often feel sorry for the maids taking abuse from kids.
    carang and Gracey like this.

carang is offline Registered User

i just fired a helper who would take no disciplinary actions with my kids whatsoever, be it at home or in public.

i would applaud my helper for scolding/discplining my kids in public if the children's behaviour warranted it.

Gracey and lululuk87 like this.

taysty is offline Registered User

Many years back, my friend also fired a helper for over dosing her child. She specifically told the helper to wake her up when its time to give medicine. The helper thought she could handle it. The result was the child ended up in A and E. My friend never trust helper from then on as this helper even had a degree or diploma in nursing.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using GeoClicks Mobile

Gracey is offline Registered User

I think that's probably a waste of the police's time. Legal termination, yes. But jail time? It was an unwise move, but not a malicious one.
    If it were a pu yuet who gave Chinese medicine without asking, you'd fire her. But would you call the cops on her?

elle and mummymoo like this.

trttrt is offline Registered User

Two years ago, they jailed a helper for adding her urine to formula and then feeding the infant. http://www.mid-day.com/news/2010/sep...-baby-milk.htm I wonder what the sentence would be in this case..

striker likes this.

elle is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by trttrt View Post
    Two years ago, they jailed a helper for adding her urine to formula and then feeding the infant. http://www.mid-day.com/news/2010/sep...-baby-milk.htm I wonder what the sentence would be in this case..
    Honestly we don't know all the details of what happened. Would I fire someone who gave unnecessary medication to my child - yes. But would I necessarily report it to the police - no, particularly if I thought it was a terrible lapse of judgment rather than an intentional act to harm my baby. For all we know the helper could have been overworked, overtired and in desparate need of a break so she did something that while very bad and inexcusable may in no way have been intended to intentionally harm the baby. It certainly isn't inconceivable that she did not understand how dangerous what she did could be if she overmedicated the child (and there is no indication that she did).
    Last edited by elle; 10-03-2012 at 04:08 PM.
    mummymoo, miran and striker like this.

mummymoo is offline Registered User

Agree with elle. I'm not sure how the putting urine into a baby's formula fits in, you would have to know putting urine, faeces ect into a baby's food is not on and is a malicious act, whilst giving a baby medicine so 'they can sleep better' may just be poor judgement and lack of insight.

Gracey likes this.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast