Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By elle
  • 1 Post By rani

Helper MUST Exit and Entry Every Year?

Aava.Wong is offline Registered User

Helper MUST Exit and Entry Every Year?

The FDH visa is valid for two years but I heard that FDHs are supposed to exit HK and make entry every year to validate the second year of the contract. Is this true?

elle is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Aava.Wong View Post
    The FDH visa is valid for two years but I heard that FDHs are supposed to exit HK and make entry every year to validate the second year of the contract. Is this true?
    no. they must return home once every 2-3 years at a minimum.

22. In accordance with Clause 13 of the standard Employment Contract (ID 407), the Helper shall, upon expiry of an old contract and before the commencement of a new contract, return to his/her place of origin for vacation with the return fare paid by the employer. A Helper should not stay in the HKSAR longer than the permitted period of stay.

23. Under normal circumstances, the Helper should return to his/her place of origin after the completion of contract and apply for a visa to return to the HKSAR to start the new contract. If circumstances do not permit the Helper to return to his/her place of origin for vacation immediately upon expiry of the old contract, subject to the employer's and Helper's mutual agreement, the Helper may apply for an extension of stay for him/her to defer the vacation leave. The Helper and employer shall complete the relevant parts of ID 988A and ID 988B respectively and submit them to the Director of Immigration for consideration.

24. On application, an extension of stay of normally not exceeding one year may be granted by the Director of Immigration upon payment of an extension fee. Further extension of stay within the contract period will not be allowed. Therefore, arrangements should be made for the Helper to return to his/her place of origin for vacation within the one-year extension period, and for the Helper to use the visa (with visa fee waived and with a validity in line with the extension of stay granted) to enter the HKSAR to complete the contract.

http://www.immd.gov.hk/ehtml/ID(E)969.htm
    rani and Aava.Wong like this.

rani is offline Administrator
    Only if she didn't go home at the end of her previous contract, and applied for an extension of stay. Immigration then gives helpers 2 one year visas.
    Aava.Wong likes this.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Aava.Wong is offline Registered User
    ahh ok thanks ladies. i got confused with their visa stamps because my old FDH was in HK when she left her old employer to work for me and she had to exit HK (she went to Macau) at the end of her first year to validate her second year of the contract. now, i have a fresh FDH who started in Dec 2011 and her visa stamp allows her to stay till Dec 2013 and i wasn't sure whether she still had to exit HK in Dec 2012, hence the question.