Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

How many of you have a fantastic helper?

deduja is offline Registered User

How many of you have a fantastic helper?

How many of you really are lucky to have a fantastic helper? I am just curious to know what is my chance with my next helper?

Liquorice is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    I do! Finally. I have been through a few. She has got a fantastic attitude and is absolutely brilliant with my son. She isn't brilliant at everything (e.g. She wrecks clothes quite frequently when ironing), but I think it's very rare to find someone who is all round perfect. My priorities - attitude, my child, my dogs, trust/honesty, work ethic, reliability - and she is great on each count.
    deduja likes this.

MacauMum is offline Registered User
    Take time interviewing and don't settle until you find the right person. Our helper is far from perfect, she's a bit of an "airhead" when it come to trivial stuff, she's not the best cleaner or cook but tries her best and is willing to learn, I doubt I could ever find better. She has a very pleasant personality, she has more patience with my daughter than I could ever have, always has the energy to play with her, wants to teach her new words, new skills, good manners all the time... she isn't driven by money, she mainly works to have a visa as her long term western boyfriend probably has more income than our household... we know we're lucky to have her even if thing aren't alway perfect.

carang is offline Registered User
    Sai Kung
    i was referred a helper who had been terminated. she's only been with us for 3 weeks, but so far, she's great! the kids love her. she has a great attitude, and she's friendly and up for a good laugh. she is reliable. she is trust-worthy.

the only problem we have is that she has no idea how to cook western food... so, we are working on that...

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    We really do have an amazing helper! God really blessed us...that's the only way I can explain it!
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

mummymoo is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    One of my three DH is a true gem. She's honest, speaks up, loves my children and has loads of patience. Always looking to go beyond my expectations. Also knows how to follow things up like.....if my daughter has been ill for a class/gone on holidays, she will follow up on a makeup class, she'll also ask for discounts when enrolling my daughter in classes (after asking around other helpers if discounts are in play).
    She's not a very good cook nor great with cleaning but she has a good attitude and doesn't feel things are beneath her.

genkimom is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    We have a great helper. She's not perfect (no one is!) and there are things we have to work on, but we all love her and am very grateful and thankful to have lucked out with someone like her! Good luck to you!

Workingmom1975 is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    All of my current helpers are decent. None of them is really "competent in every way" but they're all good at one or two things and have good attitudes. I feel comfortable with giving them constructive feedback cos they do "try" to do a good job!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast