Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By evelyne

Home Return Permit?

chrischen377 is offline Registered User

Home Return Permit?

I just received my baby's HKID and Passport and would like to apply for her Home Return Permit. Anyone know how to apply for one? I did a search and haven't found much info other than go to China Travel (www.ctshk.com).

Do I need to just bring her HKID, HK Passport, and Birth certificate? Do I need to bring the baby too or any baby photos? Can only 1 parent go or both parents need to go.

Thanks!

evelyne is offline Registered User
    Hello!

We just did this. Had to bring our son when we applied but not for pick up. One parent can go. You need 2 photos with white background, HKID and passport with work permit of both parents, birth cert, passport and HKID of child, and 2 photocopies of everything. If you call up CTS they will tell you. Costs 260HKD valid 3 years, takes 12 working days.

Best if you go in the morning as they run out of quotas in the afternoon. Place to go is CTS house in Central. There was quite a line when we went so be prepared.

good luck!
    chrischen377 likes this.

thundacatchergo is offline Registered User
    You can actually for id card passport and hrp all at the same time at immigration department

Sent from my GT-N7000 using GeoClicks Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by evelyne View Post
    We just did this. Had to bring our son when we applied but not for pick up. One parent can go. You need 2 photos with white background, HKID and passport with work permit of both parents, birth cert, passport and HKID of child, and 2 photocopies of everything. If you call up CTS they will tell you. Costs 260HKD valid 3 years, takes 12 working days.

Best if you go in the morning as they run out of quotas in the afternoon. Place to go is CTS house in Central. There was quite a line when we went so be prepared.
    Thanks for the help! Can you book an appointment online first or is it first come first serve only? Are the photos HK passport size or mainland China passport size? Are work permits absolutely necessary because my wife and I only have passports here and we're not HKnese.

evelyne is offline Registered User
    I called up and that is what we were asked for. I was not told anything about booking online. Photo should be on a white background. We used the standard one taken at Fotomax. Better call them to check about work permits etc:

http://www.ctshk.com/english/useful/chinesevisa.htm

Ok, thanks! :)