Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Ready Made Formula

Eliza1 is offline Registered User

Ready Made Formula

Does anyone know where in HK I can purchase ready made formula such as aptamil, cow & gate or Hipp. Baby Central is out of stock and tiny foot prints only have a few left. I have to travel for a week and leave my son for the first time. I am hoping to make it as easy as poss for his father to feed him. I am totally paranoid that he's not prepared enough to make up powdered milk as my son currently just breast feeds on demand.

karhu is offline Registered User
    Hi Eliza,

Hong Kong doesn't really have ready to feed formula officially to sell in a sense that milk powder companies do not sell them in hk markets, the ones you buy are flown in by the stores they sell which you might not be certain that the condition of their transit us ideal.... Although I'm sure in most cases they are okay!

Why don't u pump before you leave for your trip, pump and freeze so your hubby only needs to take it out of freezer to defrost and warm to feed? Or have a little faith in him and get him to make a few formulas before you go so he is confident and you feel okay about it? Good luck! :)

2010-NewDad is offline Registered User
    Making up powdered milk is definitely less hassle than defrosting breast milk I would think. Obviously breast milk has other benefits over formula but that's a separate discussion.

I used little cartoons of liquid formula milk when I was out and about with my baby, but Bumps to Babes stopped stocking them a while ago. They had a little card saying the Government import license restrictions meant they could no longer import.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	1896 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	1821  

karhu is offline Registered User
    There are strict conditions you need to adhere to when transporting liquid milk, maybe that's why

As for defrosting breastmilk, you just need to take it out of the freezer and leave it in the fridge overnight... I would think it isn't too tricky?