Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Not hungry Babies

Eliah is offline Registered User
    Good suggestion Ken, though I wonder how much milk will be leaking from the cup!

Honkyblues is offline Registered User
    You could definitely try a few different feeding methods to see whether it's the milk itself or the teat/bottle method of delivery that is causing the distress.

As Ken suggests, you could try cup-feeding your baby. Another suggestion is the Medela soft cup feeder (it's like a tube with a soft cup-like spout at the end). Or you could use 20ml syringes and syringe the milk into baby's mouth (you clean your finger and nail very thoroughly, get baby to suck the end of your finger as though it's a nipple, and slowly squirt/dribble milk from the syringe into the side of the baby's mouth). There are probably videos of this method on Kellymom or YouTube.

Good luck!

Leta is offline Registered User
    I would also suggest you to try using a cup? Since she is 4 months old, you can go and look for the training cup.. I saw some training cups are suitable for 4months old baby. If it is really teething problem, I would agree that you might want to try giving some paracetamol like an hr before you feed?

Eliah is offline Registered User
    Thank you for your suggestions. She seems to be doing a bit better these days, not sure if it is the Zantac effect or else. If she has some teething issues, are there any other signs I should look for, e.g. Swollen/ red gums?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12