Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By pipinhk
  • 1 Post By lesliefu

Pre-schooler (4) with Autism

yonge is offline Registered User

Pre-schooler (4) with Autism

One of my children has been diagnosed with mild social (aspects) of autism by the Duchess of Kent Child Assessment Center. As an English speaking family, we were told that there are only two English language centers approved by the Hospital Authority to provide subsidized services - Watchdog and Child Development Center in Wanchai. Has anyone used either and would you recommend them? We would be willing to sign up for non-subsidized services at either center as well as elsewhere, if you know of any other place that would conduct its sessions in English. Your recommendations are appreciated.
    Posted via Mobile Device

peainpod is offline Registered User
    One of my best friend's older son was diagnosed as being on the (autism) spectrum, and I've heard her speak very highly of an OT called Christina So at the Rehabilitation Consultants in Sheung Wan. I googled and the tel came up as 2850-6276. You could try giving them a call. Good luck!

pipinhk is offline Registered User
    We went to Watchdog for 2 years and could not sing their praises enough. We looked at the CDC but that was before they moved to Wan Chai and their location was just too far for us and we ended up going to Watchdog in Jordan. But either place offered great resources and very thorough all round care.
    Arrange a visit to both places, they are very accommodating and you will get a feel for both which will help you decide which suits you and your child best.
    They are both very supportive and help you take the next steps to school as well.
    carang likes this.

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    my daughter goes to watchdog and they are great! the people are fabulous and very helpful. we go to the christian services located above the child development centre in wanchai...the point is that since I drive to both places, watchdog is more convenient as there is parking right in front but i always end up having to take public transport to the wanchai place...which depending on the time of day can be quite difficult. we went to the CDC when it was still at the peak and they were very good too...you should get a feel for both. at the end of the day, for us at least, it came down to the accessibility of parking....good luck! :)
    carang likes this.

yonge is offline Registered User
    Thank you for your replies.
    Posted via Mobile Device