- 10-09-2012, 08:31 PM #1Registered User
- Join Date
- Oct 2012
Educational advice please..
Hi all! My family and I are relocating to HK in January from Guangzhou ( china). Our eldest daughter is in Reception at the British school here. I have been scanning for Infos for days now and I am lost!!! How can I find a proper school for her? My husband is being hired locally so for obvious financial reasons we won't be putting her in a private international school. The company will take care of our residency cards, does it mean I Can apply for local schools? Can I start looking for a school without having a house first? ( the house will come at a later stage I believe). In a nutshell I will be so greatful for any info anyone can provide me with... Thank you!
- 10-09-2012, 08:57 PM #2
yes, you can apply for local schools.
primary school in the local system doesn't start until the year they turn 6... so next september start is for kids born in 2007.
but this means the education will likely be in chinese/cantonese.... are you prepared for that?
- 10-11-2012, 09:56 PM #3Registered User
- Join Date
- Sep 2009
- Hong Kong
It would help if we knew
* How old the children are
* How much you want to spend
* What languages you speak at home
* What your family background is, and whether you expect a more expat or local experience
- By reei in forum EducationReplies: 3Last Post: 09-10-2009, 10:38 AM
- By yuukalim0404 in forum Baby TalkReplies: 4Last Post: 04-25-2009, 12:32 AM
- By hannah.e.law in forum Everything ElseReplies: 2Last Post: 02-05-2009, 08:17 PM
- By Dim Sum in forum Parenting - Toddlers and PreschoolersReplies: 1Last Post: 04-16-2007, 02:03 PM
- By carla in forum EducationReplies: 1Last Post: 04-21-2004, 06:38 PM