Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Mini pill looking for opinons

alfa is offline Registered User

Mini pill looking for opinons

Hello

My doctor wants to put me on Cerazette ( a progesteron only pill) it seems to be getting quite a few negative reviews especially due to side effects. Any opinions? I know it's often prescribed for bfeeding mums. I am over 35 not sure if that makes any difference and I am to take it for at least a year or two.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    I was on Cerazette for a year with no bad side effects. I had previously been on the pill and had bad side effects (migraines from the estrogen) so Cerazette was great for me. I DID gain about 5-10kg in the year I was on it, but prefer that to the migraines. When I stopped breastfeeding, I stayed on it for a few months but then switched to another pill (Loette - it has lower estrogen concentrations and I don't get migraines on it) and have been fine with that. I've lost about 7kg so just have a few more to go.

Unfortunately, breastfeeding mums don't have many options... When I weighed them up, Cerazette was the best option for me.

Thank you nicolejoy -it is the weight gain that freaks me out as i already have a couple killos to lose:(

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    yeah - I do think that it is a common side effect, but better than another baby! And better than the other contraceptive options. I also think if you're keeping an eye on your weight, you can keep it a bit more under control. How long do you plan to breastfeed for? As soon as you've finished, you could change to another form...

Im not breastfeeding it was prescribed to lessen my endometriosis problems so it might be for at least a year or two- combined pills are not reommended for endo so sadly Im gonna have to resign myself to getting bigger. I am quite active and go running and i try to watch what I eat i just hope it is not in vain. Thank you s much for finding time to share your experience:)