Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Early pregnancy advice please

Liquorice is offline Registered User
    Satay Sue, Don't give up yet....

3 weeks ago I started bleeding quite heavily. Woke up at 4:30am with a lot of fresh blood, like my period starting. I cried my eyes out until the sun came up as I thought it was all over. Went to the doctor for a scan, though, and it turned out to be okay. Implantation bleeding -which I thought was really odd as it was so long after implantation (7 weeks). But the doctor could see the mass of blood using the ultrasound (more advanced than public systems as Nicolejoy said). I was on bed rest for 2 weeks. Bled for a week and a half. Fresh, period like blood several times, lots consistent regular spotting. It stopped and I've had nothing since and the embryos are doing fine. When I went to the doctor after the big bleed, I thought there was no way of embryos surviving, but they did. Good luck, and hope its all okay.

carang is offline Registered User
    embryos? is it possible you miscarried one and still have two remaining?

almost 30 years ago, my aunt had bleeding during her early pregnancy. the first dr told her she'd miscarried... but she still felt pregnant... she went for a second opinion and was told she was having twins. that it was possible that she initially had been pregnant with triplets, but lost one (they were fraternal twins)....

satay sue is offline Registered User
    Thanks Liquorice! So glad it worked out for you, I know exactly how you must have felt. I spent most of yesterday in tears. It was period-like for a couple of hours last night before bed then this morning (nothing overnight so maybe it had pooled overnight?). Dull ache this arvo but no cramps per se. Gotta go tomorrow and I guess Monday though I've said to Mr SS that if I'm not happy with how they explain things I'll see someone privately. I also suppose there's a cyst of some kind that will need to be treated....!?

Liquorice is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by carang View Post
    embryos? is it possible you miscarried one and still have two remaining?

almost 30 years ago, my aunt had bleeding during her early pregnancy. the first dr told her she'd miscarried... but she still felt pregnant... she went for a second opinion and was told she was having twins. that it was possible that she initially had been pregnant with triplets, but lost one (they were fraternal twins)....
    No, don't think so. IVF, two embryos transferred. The doctor is certain it was implantation bleeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquorice View Post
    No, don't think so. IVF, two embryos transferred. The doctor is certain it was implantation bleeding.
    ah, gotcha!

satay sue is offline Registered User
    So just an update. Still lightly bleeding, had just a blood test today in the ob/gyn ward as the clinic closes at weekends. They'll "call if results are abnormal". I asked to make an appointment but was told to just wait. So if I don't get a call on Monday I guess I'll be going to a private ob after all.

fingers crossed!

Jeany is offline Registered User
    Hi sue

Glad to see this post,I had same problem and feels like a torture not knowing what it is. I just know at oct 15 I'm positively pregnant. But the oct 6 before that I was in pre me trial pain as i have my period coming at oct 10. I was thinking its normal as used to be and then I go quality health care just to have a test and telling them how I feel I have pains. Then knowing that I'm pregnant,they right away give me private obygaynae to see exactly before its worsen. But after that its like a torture I'm 4 weeks and half when I do the ultrasound is that early? She cannot see anything hence its my first pregnancy i have no idea how it looks like. She said she can't find a mass i. My uterus but find a mass outside she also not sure. Indicating to my papers that its to early to detect or its ectopic and giving me papers to come to Qmh if anything goes wrong. But she also encourage me to have a hcg blood test so i had and its normal....but also I will come back on Friday for ultrasound again its like a torture not knowing what it is! What I'm waiting here is to know what if I rupture? It's like waiting for life and death.

Pls anyone who knows anything about this comments are welcome...

Thanks jeany

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast