Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Early pregnancy advice please

satay sue is offline Registered User
    Ah Jeany, It does all seem so casual doesn't it? I haven't heard yet whether my blood results are "normal", was told that it is too early for a clear scan and that I may "rupture". This was Thursday morning. Clinic was closed Saturday and I gave blood on the ward to a very cold, indifferent nurse. They wouldn't give me another appointment. I will give it another couple of hours then try to call the clinic. If they won't give me another appointment this week I'll have to go private for an appointment or two. Bleeding has gone down but still there, this will be 6th day since I went to A&E, 7th week of pregnancy (was 6 weeks today).
    My family are urging me to get on a plans & join them on vacation if the test results are normal but I'm too nervous to get on a plane, let alone be on an island several hours from a decent hospital...

By the way, I realised i didn't mention I was given an intra-vaginal scan last week, still inconclusive.
    Jeany, if you're only 4-5 weeks they won't be able to see BUT if the blood test is fine then all's good!

Jeany is offline Registered User
    Hi again Sue
    Thanks for the touch base, I'm sorry for what you going through though its not fun at all. Yes they said it will rupture like seven weeks when the tube can't hold the baby or so. But the question is why they hang us on the air when all you want to know is your health and baby? I can't help to think that if ever i can save my tubes And ovary for the future why do i need to wait if goes worse thats the scary that way. Also those who let you wait to know they don't care at all...you need to concern your health first. I go to private ob when I learn they suspect it. yes I have they same Intra- vaginal scan nothing in my uterus,but she say she saw a mass outside that predict her to be ectopic. Then blood test 536 then double up 1500 the second so its normal she said...but I don't know I feel I don't trust doctor yet. Got another scan on Wednesday on diffrent ob i will be 6 weeks so maybe i hope I will know something. But I am very careful and watchful in anything i feel.

Advice you to go private its only 400 hkd for blood test you get the result every other day to ease your mind. Also don't try to force for vacation. I am from philippines and I had been to boracay last year it's good and spectacular island but don't expect if something happens to you there's operation it's an island that no big hospital only clinic for minor things. It's risky wait till you know your okie to travel.....keep things updated here!

All the best
    Jeany

Let us know how you get on Jeany, fingers crossed for you x

Genius - still no call from them so I call the number given to me and rings forever then goes to a voicemail telling me to "allow 2 working days" for a reply. So they've told me Thursday I might have an ectopic pregnancy and I'd get a call "Monday morning to follow up" - apparently according to others I should have been monitored the last few days. Now I'm in a situation where I can't even get through to ask someone what's happening.

Edit: after an hour I got through then transferred to "my nurse". Phone rang for a full 7 minutes with no answer.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    It's impossible to contact someone from the public hospital by phone. I've tried many times. Now that I'm an "old timer", I know some of the doctors' email addresses and email them directly. It's the only way I get an answer quickly without going up to the hospital. If you know any of the doctors names, you can google them and sometimes you can find the email addresses that way, since a lot of the doctors are also connected with HKU so their email addresses are publicly available... I wouldn't even bother calling the joke of a phone system that they have. It's frustrating, I know...

I learnt the hard way re phones!
    Anyway, I ended up going up there. Received the confirmation that I have indeed miscarried. On my way to the airport now to join Mr SS and my son. Thanks for support and help ladies x

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast