Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Need advice for finding a kindergarten in kowloon.

sdp_1985 is offline Registered User

why would you like to send 9 month kids to kindergarten ?? let kid enjoy life...

Gracey likes this.

Gracey is offline Registered User

Almost all working mothers here hire a full-time domestic helper. It costs much less than outside daycare (about hk 5000 a month when you add everything in), plus it's more flexible, since they work when you need them to, except Sundays. Plus, there's no hassle with commuting, and your child can play freely in her own home.

Like everyone said about, the only outside activities for 1-year-olds are casual playgroups. My 14 month old goes to a playgroup twice a week, for an hour at a time, but either I or my helper has to accompany her. It's more so she learns to socialize, and not a form of long-term childcare.

If you're really ambitious, you might be able to find a half-day pre-nursery for when she's 2 years old.

But if you're moving back to HK and want to work, I advise that you get a Filipina or Indonesia helper.

Gracey is offline Registered User

"english speaking kindergarten is a must."

Isn't this a bit ambitious for a 9-month-old? At that age, they aren't even at the "mommy" "daddy" "cookie" point of verbalization yet. Why don't you focus on finding safe, loving care for your child while you are at work, regardless of the language? If you really must have English, then hire a Filipina instead of an Indonesian or Chinese maid / nanny.

I spoke only Cantonese and no English until I was 5, and it didn't affect me one bit when I grew up in the U.S.

melinasma is offline Registered User

thank´s for all the answers and advices. i did not know that kindergartens are only for children who minimum 2years old. over gracy, yes i would like to find an english speaking care for my child.does that mean that savety and love are not important for me??! we will think about a domestic helper.

karhu is offline Registered User

Hi there, check this out, it includes government subsidized child care plus private ones, which cost >$7k for half day:

http://www.swd.gov.hk/doc/family/ccc...20(011012).pdf

For the government subsidized one you don't need to be disadvantaged you just need to line up in the queue for about 6-8 months. And it cost >$4k full day.... Button might need to be hk resident though

charade likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12