Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

35 w4days and pre eclamsia

mumtobee is offline Registered User

35 w4days and pre eclamsia

Dear all,
    I have always been here to this forum with problems like morning sickness heartburn or cholastasis. But never thought i would be sitting in the hospital confused and scared after finding out that i have very high bp and now traces of protien in my urine. They are going to monitor me till tomorrow for the developing traces in my urine. Bp is normal now because of their medications. But they said they would either induce pain or take me for an emergency c sec. Not scared about preeclamsia or induction. But had been making up my mind for past 35 weeks that i would always go for a natural worst case ill take epidurals. Not really ready for c sec as i have heard scary stories about them. What do i do. I may sound dumb but is der a way i can wait till baby turns and is head down.. Plese share your thoughts
    Posted via Mobile Device

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    though i haven't been in your position - i am sure you are in good hands and have nothing to worry about, really! had to believe perhaps but our doctors are good and I'm sure yours is too - i know things aren't going the way you imagined, but just remember that whatever needs to be done is to ensure you have a healthy baby. dont think too much and like nature take its course - you're in the best place possible surrounded by people who know what they are doing. try listening to music / reading a book...whatever relaxes you! all the best. my thougths are with you.

carang is offline Registered User
    Pre-eclampsia can kill you and the baby. If they think you need a c-section it is not because they feel like it. It is because you and your baby are at risk. This is not a small matter.

I had 2 c-sections due to it. I have been advised that another pregnancy would not be good for me.

It really does not matter how your baby is born. It matters that you and your baby are safe! So things dont go according to plan....welcome to parenthood!

Sent from my GT-I8150 using GeoClicks Mobile

carang is offline Registered User
    Yes that was a harsh response...just wanted to make my point clearly that pre-eclampsia is extremely dangerous and you need to listen to what the drs are telling you.

Sent from my GT-I8150 using GeoClicks Mobile

charade is offline Registered User
    Just to allay your fears about c-section, I had a vaginal delivery for my first child and a c-section for my second (she was in breech position). Although this is not supposed to be the case, I felt I recovered more quickly from the c-section than the vaginal delivery, I had no problems breastfeeding even though my baby had to be in special care for a night during which time she was cup-fed formula and my baby is extremely healthy and thriving. Many people have had similar experiences with c-sections (though some have not). It's fine to want a natural delivery (research does point to it being better and all that...IF all things are progressing smoothly) but there's nothing to be scared about a c-section. I think it's important to keep a positive attitude about the c-section, otherwise you're adding one more stress to something you cannot control.

miran is offline Registered User
    just to add on to what charade is saying: i had a c-sec (for medical reasons) and both bub and i were good. i was on my feet from day 1 night; off pain killers from day 3 and have had no issues since. and i did exclusivery BF'd for a year.

vaginal birth is ofcourse the preferred way but pre-eclampsia can be very very dangerous for the baby. in your place, the mode of delivery would be my last conern. all the best
    Last edited by miran; 11-01-2012 at 12:12 PM.

elle is offline Registered User
    agree with what everyone is saying. also just saw a news story yesterday about a baby who died at birth because an emergency c-section was not performed quickly enough after labour was induced in a mother diagnosed with pre eclampsia. if your doctors are concerned about this medical issue it is not something to be taken lightly. best wishes and hope all goes well

Scroll to top