Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Seeking Advise

sams is offline Registered User

Seeking Advise

Hello Mommies,

I am going to UK from Hong Kong this December. As this is the first trip with my infant (4 month old) I want to make sure I have everything needed.So I am seeking your advise for what are the must have items I should take with me during this trip.

I was trying to buy battery opetated wipes warmer as it will be very cold out there. Does anyone of you know where can I buy that in Hong Kong?

Thank you :)

Aava.Wong is offline Registered User
    hey sams - it doesn't get that cold here compared to UK in december so you don't need the warmer. you can buy most baby stuff here so don't pack too heavy. if there is something that you have in mind that your baby cannot live without and doubt HK will have it, do mention it here and we can go from there.

sams is offline Registered User
    Hello Ava,

Thank you for you reply but I am from HK going to UK :)

Thanks
    Sams

Aava.Wong is offline Registered User
    oh sorry - i read it too quick! i haven't seen the warmer yet - maybe better to call eugene club or B2B to check?

Redestiny is offline Registered User
    Unless you are planning on going camping, I can't see why you would need a wet wipe heater. Most homes in the UK have central heating and are much warmer than our house in HK.

Portia is offline Registered User
    I wouldn't bother with a wipes warmer. I just rinse the wipe in warm water before use if it's really cold or scrunch it up in my hand for a few seconds to warm it up a bit. Much easier than a wipes warmer!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Honkyblues is offline Registered User
    I really don't think a battery-operated wipes warmer falls into the "must-have" category. For me, it falls into the "why on earth would anyone want to buy something like that?" category! ;-)

As the others say, homes are centrally heated, and you can always run the wipes under warm water or hold them in your hands to warm them up. And actually, babies seem to be less bothered about these things than we think they'll be!

As for "must-haves" - a warm hat and coat for your little one, or an all-in-one snowsuit. A thick blanket. A rain/wind cover for your stroller. Little mittens.

Don't worry - it will be fine!