Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

CDNIS - pre-reception class

Dianeb is offline Registered User

CDNIS - pre-reception class

Hi all,

We have applied for pre-reception (i.e. for 3 years old) with Canadian International School and we would like to know if anyone has attend their admission assessment for this age group before? I read some old posts on this forum that interviews for the reception class (i.e. the 4 years old class) require children to attend the interview on their own without parents in the interview room. What about for the pre-reception class? I would be very worried if a 2 years old or so would need to attend on their own at such young age...it would be very difficult for them not to have any separation anxiety particularly when it would be a completely new environment at the interview...could anyone please share some thoughts?

Thanks so much,
    Diane

Jomama is offline Registered User
    Hi Diane, I'm also applying for pre-reception at CDNIS for next year as well. Yes, for pre-reception the kids need to attend the interview on their own as well, and my son is a November (super young) kid. What you can do is to get your child to attend more playgroups to adapt to new environments and playing on his own. I think CDNIS are looking for independent, out-going kids.

Jomama is offline Registered User
    Completed the assessment today. There were quite a few kids who didn't make it through the separation and were crying crazy for their mothers. Diane i hope your child was okay? I was quite surprised that aside from walking through the hall, they actually had to go down a flight of STAIRS holding onto the teachers alone. Do you think that was part of the assessment? Perhaps on large motor skills?

Anyhow my son survived the 45 minutes, but given the teacher gave me a dark look when i asked how my son did (since he threw up in the taxi on our way over), I suspect that my son was his usual naughty self and didn't make good impressions. *sigh* Well at least we tried :)