Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tripp Trapp harness

karhu is offline Registered User

Tripp Trapp harness

Hi there,

Could anyone let me know whether I'll need to get the harness for my tripp trapp and with the baby set? And where would I be able to find this in hk?

Any is the tripp trapp table top needed? Thanks very much!!!

tenten is offline Registered User
    Hi Karhu, you can get the harness at Mothercare but I don't think it's necessary.
    In a pinch, for the few weeks that my daughter tried to stand up, I just used one of my ribbon belts with double rings to loop my daughter in.

Forget abt the table top. Overpriced placemat! What's super useful is the Playtray. Not officially fm Stokke but it's a tray designed by a Danish designer that slides onto the Stokke. It's got a high lip that catches spills, easy to wash and we've used it for over 2 years now at meals and for messy crafts. See link - there's an agent in Singapore that sells the Playtray and they ship to HK.
    http://www.playtray.dk/language/2/playtray

www.playtray.sg
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Posted via Mobile Device

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    I don't think that the harness is that important, BUT I do think that the "baby set" is great to prevent them from falling. It is no longer necessary when the child can safely get up and down from tripp trapp themselves. My now 2 yr old has dwarfism so can't climb big steps (eg, she can't get herself onto the sofa as the sofa is as high as her nose!). Because of that, I'm still using the baby set with her. My older daughter was safe (enough) without the baby set at that age. Still had a couple of falls off it, mainly due to her fooling around.

Never seen the playtray before but have to admit, that is brilliant! We use our tripp trapps at the dining table so don't "need" it, but it is so well designed!!

The play tray does look quite functional, thanks for sharing.... Pricey though.... I'm gonna try the tripp trapp with LO first and see if we need it... It's good to be able to prevent spillage onto the floor with the raised edge though for sure...

How do you get the ribbon belt to hold your baby in place? Is there a special way of doing it? ....

Thankssss

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    You can use anything - even just a regular belt. I have a couple of plain straps that clip (like this: http://www.rei.com/product/380046/si...trap-1-x-40-in ) - I made them myself with stuff from Spotlight when it was in HK, but you can probably buy the same stuff (for cheaper) in Sham Sui Po or somewhere like that... very easy to put together, and we have one in our bag at all times for use in restaurants that have precarious highchairs.

Nicole's right - you can use anything. Think of all the restaurant highchairs - usually just a waist belt to hold child in.
    But I obviously used it in tandem with the Baby Set.

The Playtray is worth every penny - amazing quality and so well designed. Not a single scratch despite being banged on daily.
    My daughter has since graduated to the main dining table but at breakfast yesterday, managed to knock over a tall glass of honey and lemon - maybe should to stick her back behind the Playtray!
    Posted via Mobile Device

And I've seen the Playtray on Amazon for a fair bit less - worth a look.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks so much, will definitely look into play tray then... And I guess whatever belt will work, just have it around the baby and through the back of the baby set/ back!

Thanks!!! Looking forward to testing it out :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast