Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nicolejoy

QM hospital bag

dressuphk is offline Registered User

QM hospital bag

hey, I am not asking what to pack in the hospital bag as I have found some threads here answers that, very nicely.

I am a little confused about the size of the bag. As when I visit the hospital they mention & demonstrate the size of the hospital bag (restricted to as big as a gym bag)... A friend of mine delivering in QM show me her hospital bag (she packed around 36 wks), it's a suitcase! far bigger than the restricted size

Seriously I don't think the gym bag size can entertain much stuff (as mentioned in the things to pack in hospitals bag, especially with those maxi maternity pads......); what can I do to make sure I have everything I need with me with that size... will the hospital throw away your stuff, kick you out, ask your hubby to take some things away. Or they will just ignore it and let you bring a suitcase/ bigger bag.

Any ideas?!
    mummy mummy hooohooo

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    The problem is space. Your suitcase/bag needs to fit in between your bed and the next. If you have a huge bag, you will have little room for walking/baby/hubby's chair/visitors etc. I recommend packing the bare minimum, even if you have to get hubby to bring in supplies every day. You really don't want a large suitcase. I would stick with a gym bag. I don't think the hospital would make a big fuss about it, but it would be inconvenient for you.
    dressuphk likes this.

dressuphk is offline Registered User
    thanks nicole~ how pieces of underpads -- (to put on the bed) would you suggest to bring along? I know this is a silly question... thanks

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    They come in packets of 10 from memory. I don't think I finished the packet. They use a few during labour, but honestly after that you have a maternity pad on and I only changed the underpad once a day as it didn't get dirty. Can buy them at the hospital if you don't want to shop around for it in advance.