Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

need a helper urgently

sandy0741 is offline Registered User

need a helper urgently

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a helper to look after my 6 year old child, if anyone got any good recommendations, please message me. I am in need of a helper urgently. I have got one but based on bad luck, she turned out to be a liar and not willing to follow any instructions. I went to work in the morning and my son called me the aunt refused to help him to change clothings. When asked why she didn't help change his uniform, she simply said he was not listening to her to eat the breakfast. I told her not to use such method again as he has to go to school and would be late. If he is not hungry, he will not eat and he has drunk a cup of milk already. She just changed it after I talk to her and this has already made my son late for school. THis is not the first time, there are many occasions that she refused to do things.
    So, I need to find a helper who is reliable and willing to listen to instructions. I hope to fire the current one at once. So please if anyone has recommendations, do message me.

And if a helper deliberately refused order and follow instructions, can I fire her straight without notice or payment?

carang is offline Registered User
    Why cant your 6 year old get dressed by himself?

She did exactly what i would have done. My girl didnt want to get her trousers on this morning....i told her she had a choice: she could put tgem on or go to school without. She wisely chose to put them on.

I dont think that this is something worth firing her over....personally....

Sent from my GT-I8150 using GeoClicks Mobile
    z754103 likes this.

Newbie_hk is offline Registered User
    How about finding out first why she refuse to follow instructions instead of firing her? If her refusal leads to dangerous situations I'd say there might be grounds to fire her on the spot. Otherwise, it sounds too harsh in my opinion.
    carang likes this.

actually,my son will wear himself, but she is the one who take out clothings and help him to tuck in the shirt and so on. But she refused to take out and even offer any help is unreasonable. And later my son told me that she is not looking after him because she is going back to the phillippines. So is this reasonable for her to say something to a child and because of this not to help?

And if it is still the first time, I will accept, but there are already many occasions that she also refused to listen to me and just do what she likes.

So I talked to her last night and she told me big lies that she didn't say this, then I show her the video and the recording and she looked at me but without apologizing. Then she said she wanted to go back to philippines because her children are grown up and she doesn't need to support them.

So does it mean I am going to quit soon that You DO NOT NEED TO WORK ANYMORE?

So I don't think I am too harsh if I fire her for not carrying out her duties.

acdenmark is offline Registered User

She might try to get fired

She may actually try to get you go fire her because then you need to pay her one months salary, but try to talk to her and see if she really wants to quit. Ask her if she is quitting and then tell her she needs to give one months notise.

Maybe you can agree on 14 days salary if she quits and then she can go immediately - I would not want her in the house if the situation is this bad. On the other hand, you need to fair and let her discipline your son who by the way should be able to find his clothes and dress himself properly without help at the age of six. The helpers need to have some power otherwise the kids turn out to be spoiled brats who needs help with every thing.

carang is offline Registered User
    It is completely and utterly illegal to "agree" on 14 days salary. They are entitled to 1 month or one month notice. They know their rights and you could get yourself into a lot of trouble if you dont pay what tgey are entitled to....

Sent from my GT-I8150 using GeoClicks Mobile

Gracey is offline Registered User
    They are allowed one month's salary. There's no negotiation.
    Honestly, I would not fire over something like this. I WOULD fire if someone was stealing or harming my child, but not over minor disagreements on how to dress a 6-year-old.
    Of course, it is your right to fire her. But unless she's done something illegal, you owe her severance, the same as any other employee in Hong Kong.
    It sounds like she was upset being videotaped (which we don't do) and blamed, and then got fed up and said she'd rather go home.
    You still owe her a month. And unless you're really so poor, I don't know why you'd bother trying to argue with her over what's due to her. Why don't you just pay and get it over with if you dislike your helper so much?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast