Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Queen Mary Birth

birdster is offline Registered User
    thanks for the insights Siesta and Charade, that helps a lot

Aquarian is offline Registered User
    i was 35 when i was pregnant - so i registered at the hospital at 8 weeks and they scheduled me for the nt/12 week scan for 12 weeks. As you're not registering until you're already 11 weeks you might find they don't have any spaces available for the nt scan.

The nt scan is done in conjunction with a blood test-so you would have both if they do it. Though there are new blood test only screens which some hospitals might be offering now.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks Mobile
    Last edited by Aquarian; 01-20-2013 at 06:37 PM.

birdster is offline Registered User
    I went to the PY this week for my first appointment, they were incredibly helpful & organised apart from feeling like a bit of an animal being herded from pillar to post in and out of rooms etc.

I got registered for a DS US for next week when I will be almost 12 week
    I gave blood which is tested for 6 different things incuding the DS
    I also got given my next appointment which is at 14 weeks

prettynvain is offline Registered User
    Down Syndrome testing is standard. I had mine on my 12th week if I remember it correctly. It was done by blood test and scan. As well as glucose testing and CAS. Every time I have appointment I will see a doctor,not just a midwife. But the thing is every check-up is different doctor. I am now 7 months pregnant. But these month, I have appointment
    every week..

mariababy is offline Registered User
    Hi everyone,
    I hv my first appt at the public hospital in jan (tsan yuk hospital as I m registered at QMH). I wanted to ask is the Down syndrome testing done as a blood test or a scan? If they ask for a preference between the two which one should I opt for?
    Also apart from the Down syndrome testing, what are the other tests I can expect from my first visit at the public hospital?
    Thanks.

Wozza is offline Registered User
    Hi Mariababy
    I have had two children at the QMH (antenatal at Tsan Yuk), one in 2008 and another in 2011 and am currently in the system for my third! I had my registration appointment at Tsan Yuk in December 2013 (at 12 weeks) and got the DS scan and blood test done that same day (although sometimes they can't and schedule you another time to come), as well as all the routine blood screens. They do both a combined nuchal scan and blood test for the Downs before 13 weeks 6 days. I believe this is offered to every woman now, regardless of age, but there is no obligation to have it if you don't want to. The routine antenatal screening is explained in the 'pink folder' they give you on the day of your visit - but from memory: blood typing, anemia screening, HIV, syphilis, and a few others. Glucose Tolerance Testing (for Gestational Diabetes) is done later around 28 - 30 weeks. Unless there are complications with your pregnancy you will only get the DS scan done and then the anomaly scan around 20 weeks. I am an ex-nurse and had some minor complications with both my previous pregnancies and feel that the health care there is generally excellent. In all this time, I only had one nurse at the QMH who was rude (which can happen anywhere) but apart from that everyone has been fantastic. Don't be afraid to ask questions but be polite but firm and you shouldn't have any problems. Good luck! :-)

FionaR is offline Registered User
    Can anyone here please tell me what public hospital I would be sent to living in mid levels?
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

Nic
    Nic is offline Registered User
    Queen Mary Hospital

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast